Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been perusing the local shops for .22 revolvers for quite a while, and I purchased and H&R 930 9 shot 22 a few weeks ago and it shoots great. Well, as I keep looking for other cool stuff, I came across a LCR in .22 magnum, used, but in very nice shape, and came with a 5 star bedstand speedloader and block, and the original case.

Cost was $449 which to many of you may be really high, may be on par for others, but I can say just about any mainline .22LR revolver or .22 Magnum revolver comes up for sale, they sell fast, even for these prices. It has been a year or more since I saw an LCR in .22 Magnum in stock used or new in my local shops. And I know I can buy online, I did that with my Beretta 85 Cheetah, but I like to support local as much as possible.

So I drove an hour each way to get it, was happy to support "The Gun Rack" in Turners Falls Mass, if you ever are in the area it's worth checking out- hole in the wall with a huge inventory, great staff, and all smiles.

I took it to the range on the way home, and was more than pleased with it. The trigger is very much heavier than my .38 special LCR (which for comparison, I think I paid $329 for or at most $349). The trigger surprised me though, since it does have a heavy pull, but it is very smooth, and the point it breaks is sooner than I expected. But after a few cylinders full of ammo I got very used to it.

I got slapped for posting a link to my videos previously, so if you want to see the short video, check out Cranky Gun Reviews on the Tube.

I will get some pics soon.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
I have been perusing the local shops for .22 revolvers for quite a while, and I purchased and H&R 930 9 shot 22 a few weeks ago and it shoots great. Well, as I keep looking for other cool stuff, I came across a LCR in .22 magnum, used, but in very nice shape, and came with a 5 star bedstand speedloader and block, and the original case.

Cost was $449 which to many of you may be really high, may be on par for others, but I can say just about any mainline .22LR revolver or .22 Magnum revolver comes up for sale, they sell fast, even for these prices. It has been a year or more since I saw an LCR in .22 Magnum in stock used or new in my local shops. And I know I can buy online, I did that with my Beretta 85 Cheetah, but I like to support local as much as possible.

So I drove an hour each way to get it, was happy to support "The Gun Rack" in Turners Falls Mass, if you ever are in the area it's worth checking out- hole in the wall with a huge inventory, great staff, and all smiles.

I took it to the range on the way home, and was more than pleased with it. The trigger is very much heavier than my .38 special LCR (which for comparison, I think I paid $329 for or at most $349).The trigger surprised me though, since it does have a heavy pull, but it is very smooth, and the point it breaks is sooner than I expected. But after a few cylinders full of ammo I got very used to it.

I got slapped for posting a link to my videos previously, so if you want to see the short video, check out Cranky Gun Reviews on the Tube.

I will get some pics soon.
Congrats!! You paid a fair price. I have a LCR22WMR and a 3" LCRX 22WMR that I paid a lot more for when I bought new several years ago. I've got the 5 Star speed loaders for them too. An awesome combination.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I have the LCR in 22mag also. Daughter was in town, and she & my wife wanted to go to the range. Daughter wanted to shoot her Security Six we gave her 8 yrs ago when she got her CCW. She keeps it in a rug on the passenger seat when she drives alone any distance. I carry the LCR when I'm outside working in the yard, barely notice it's there. Yes it has a long pull & a somewhat stiff trigger, but I realize a rimfire needs to be a hard hit on the cartridge. I feel very safe with the 22mag cartridge. It's not my EDC, but I have complete confidence in it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the LCR in 22mag also. Daughter was in town, and she & my wife wanted to go to the range. Daughter wanted to shoot her Security Six we gave her 8 yrs ago when she got her CCW. She keeps it in a rug on the passenger seat when she drives alone any distance. I carry the LCR when I'm outside working in the yard, barely notice it's there. Yes it has a long pull & a somewhat stiff trigger, but I realize a rimfire needs to be a hard hit on the cartridge. I feel very safe with the 22mag cartridge. It's not my EDC, but I have complete confidence in it.
I have taken to carrying this a bit when outside working too. Les stuff to get corroded or rusty from sweat, light, and like you, I feel a 22 magnum could dispatch "most" yard vermin...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts