Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a mini range report as I had very limited time at a friends range while he was conducting a CCW class. I snuck onto the range during one of their breaks. This is a revolver I implored Ruger to make speaking to Ruger officials at the two prior NRA annual meetings. So my anticipation of putting some rounds down range was high to say the least. Due to time constraints I was only able to put 36 rounds thru it before the classes resumed. First up was 115 grn Speer Gold Dots and the LCR shot to the POA with them at 10 yards.
12 rnds 115 grn Speer Gold Dots
12 rnds 85 grn Federal JSP
12 rnds 100 grn Federal JSP
This LCR has the best trigger of the 4 other LCRs I have owned which is saying a lot. All ammo shot close to the POA at 10 yards with the tightest groups being the Gold Dots. The recoil was as expected snappy, but nowhere near the recoil of my 357 LCR. It was more comparable to a hot 38+P round. So any worry about excess recoil any forum member had I say if you already have a 357 LCR you'll be very happy with the 327.
This Thur/Fri I'm going to my outdoor range with some friends and I'll post a much more in depth range report with photos, but here are some I took after cleaning my new LCR.
To me this is the perfect LCR and Ruger is going to sell a lot of them. I'll wager is this one sells as well as I anticipate they'll come out with a 3" LCRX version which would be nice also. But for concealed carry this 2" configuration really makes sense.
Next range outing I'll really wring it out as I want to shoot some 32 H&R mag loads along with some 32 Longs just for fun.

Attachments

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Nice addition to the LCR family..
It would be redundant for me as I have an LCR9.
The ballistics of the .327 Mag are apparently comparable to the 9MM luger+P.
I like the idea of 6 vs 5 rounds, but I prefer the moon clips for my carry revolver.
Hopefully availability of the .327 Mag will improve.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I cant wait to get one. It will take awhile before i even see one much less be able to buy one but i wanted one as soon as ruger made the first lcr

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about muzzle flash? I hope that's not the 327 in your avatar.
The muzzle flash wasn't bad, and that's a Mini 14 in my avatar. Of all the LCRs I've owned this is my favorite mainly because of the chambering. For those who can't locate 327 ammo there are some very good 32 H&R loading like the Critical Defense. I think since Ruger is making several revolvers in 327 you'll start seeing ammunition become more readily available. Fortunately for me I have never had a problem finding it locally.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Thanks for the prelim info. I have to say this gun does have my interest.

I'll look forward to your further input.

·
Registered
760 Posts
New Family Member Potential

Nice report and I'm glad you were able to talk to some Ruger officials. I have a SP101 in 327 Federal and thoroughly enjoy it. As of now I do not own any LCRs but I might just have to pick one of these up to add it to the "Family". :D In fact my son and I recently were talking about concealed carry guns and now that he's legal to carry we might have to have another discussion for this as another option.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Nice report and I'm glad you were able to talk to some Ruger officials. I have a SP101 in 327 Federal and thoroughly enjoy it. As of now I do not own any LCRs but I might just have to pick one of these up to add it to the "Family". :D In fact my son and I recently were talking about concealed carry guns and now that he's legal to carry we might have to have another discussion for this as another option.
The SP101 in 327 Magnum is a really good revolver and the extra weight makes it enjoyable to shoot hot loads all day long. I hope Ruger does another run of 3" 101s in this chambering. But for concealed carry the LCR is an excellent choice, if you try one I think you'll be impressed.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I picked up a J-frame Taurus M327 when they first came out so I wasn't really looking for another snubbie. I also have the identical J-frame Taurus 605 in .357 so my snubbie carry is covered.
That said, when Ruger introduced the SP101 in .327 and a 4.2" barrel I jumped on it.
I bought dies for .327 along with the Taurus and FedEx delivered 500 brand new Starline cases 2 days ago.
I have brass, powder and projectiles. I just need to lay in a stock of primers and I'll be good to go.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I picked up a J-frame Taurus M327 when they first came out so I wasn't really looking for another snubbie. I also have the identical J-frame Taurus 605 in .357 so my snubbie carry is covered.
That said, when Ruger introduced the SP101 in .327 and a 4.2" barrel I jumped on it.
I bought dies for .327 along with the Taurus and FedEx delivered 500 brand new Starline cases 2 days ago.
I have brass, powder and projectiles. I just need to lay in a stock of primers and I'll be good to go.

Nice! I want to reload.
Sold my Dillon during recession. Want to load for my H&R 732 in .32 Long.
Jealous!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Im curious if the HKS 32-J speedloader works with the LCR-327
They work with the SP101 and the J frame S&W so I would assume yes they'd work with the LCR.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts