Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to whether the HKS-36 speedloaders I own (for my SP101 .357 Magnum) will also function w/ the LCR .357 Magnum. Has anyone tried 'em out, & if so, how did it go?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Proof enough for me. Thanks, Amishman!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have found that the HKS-36 speed loaders work with the KLCR fine, meaning for me with a little "maneuvering". The BEST I found were the 5-STAR speedloaders, work just perfectly. They cost a little more, but work much better than the HKS for ME. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I own them all, HKS, SL Variant, and 5 Star, for my LCR, (and Safariland for my Security 6 and GP.) The only one that actually fits the "cylinder bullet circle" on the LCR is the 5 Star. (The one specifically for the LCR, the J2 36) With the 5 Star you can seat the speed loader fully into the cylinder and spin it, at least with Crimson Trace grips. The 5 Star could be better (in my opinion) if the shells did not rattle around in the holder, as it makes it a little harder to line them up in the cylinder without a little more jiggling than the other speed loaders require. However, once the shells are seated in the cylinder, the 5 Star releases them cleanly and efficiently. All things considered, I concur with Rxdoc, the best speed loader for the LCR is the 5 Star.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I use both the HKS-36 and 5 Star with my SP-101 and LCR-357. The SP has CT laser grips and the LCR is stock. The 5 Star seem to work a little better and i like the solid aluminum construction, both seem to work better with the shorter .38 spl. rounds. The 30 round loading block is great for use at the range too. Two weeks age i got a pair of 5 Star loaders and 10 round block for my SP101-22 and it works great too, would have liked a 30 or 40 round block but only the 10 round was available.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info./recommendations, everyone. I'd like to upgrade to 5 Star speedloaders at some point, but am glad to know my HKS's would serve for both revolvers in the meantime.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Speedloaders are a little tight with the Tamer grip. The boot grip gives them a good bit more room.

With my LCR-357, I use Bianchi Speed Strips. A little slower, but less bulky to carry one or two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts