Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm a new member and wanted to share my opinion on my 2 newest purchases. I bought the LCR as my concealed carry but soon realized it wasn't comfortable or practical for everyday carry.:mad: I then purchased a LCP and love it.:D I literally carry it everywhere and don't even realize its there. Here's a video to show exactly what I mean..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRbqY4F ... ature=plcp
Any ideas on a holster to better conceal carry the LCR?
Thank you!

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
.357 Mag. is the way to go.
Link not working.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I love my little LCR .38, but it's only comfortable IWB at 6 o'clock, sitting right on my spine. There I hardly notice it, even sitting. But any other position is not fun, so if it's not at my back, it's in my pocket. On the other hand, the LCP fits anywhere, any position, which is why it's the gun I carry with me at all times.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
A 38 special is more powerful than a 380. And a 357 is way more powerful. So if the worst happens and you actually have to burn powder on some one you want the most effective round.

But a 380, while somewhat whimpy, is still not something to be discounted. And statistics show that in the vast majority of cases (as high as 98% perhaps), you merely have to produce a gun when under threat and the BG beats a hasty retreat, no shots fired. So in that respect a 380 in the pocket at all times is quite sufficient.

A 380 in the pocket is better than the 40 that you didn't want to bother to put on because it was too much hassle to deal with at the time.

I confess I have given thoughts to something along the lines of a LCP myself for that very reason.

·
Registered
828 Posts
My first gun and CCW was the LCR. Great gun. I mostly pocket carried, but only in khakis and cargo shorts. Not jeans.

I now have a XDS which I carry a good bit IWB. Love that gun.

I also have an LCP and carry it a lot when in confining dress. Nothing pocket carries better IMO.

While I obviously would rather have my 45 with me all the time, I'm confident that the LCP would do the task should the need arise.

I rarely carry my LCR any more. Not for any lack of love or feeling it's a lesser weapon by any means, but have better ways to carry the other two so my LCR doesn't get out as much as before.

My way of thinking it's much more important to have a gun with you when you need it, rather than having the BEST gun when you need it. If you are more likely to have your gun with you if you carry a little LCP, then that's probably your best choice. For those that carry full size weapons all the time, more power to em. That doesn't work for everyone.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had the LCR and sold it. It wasn't as easy to conceal as my LCP. I considered the thought of having 6+1 rounds vs. 5, the ease of reload if necessary, and the fact that I can conceal the LCP regardless of what I wear. I am going to buy a box of Buffalo Bore, and I am content with the LCP.

I traded the LCR away for a great mk ii target & cash. I have no regrets.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm actually a big fan of the (in my opinion) unfairly maligned .380 ACP round. However, I find the Ruger LCP too small for my large hands to handle comfortably. While I'd prefer to have a .357 Magnum or .45 ACP 1911 w/ me at all times, it's simply not practical. As such I bought my one & only "foreign" gun, a Sig P232. Shoots like a dream, & is only marginally more difficult to conceal than an LCP. To each his/her own. *shrug*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.