Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an LCR 9mm just as soon as they came out and love it! Had purchased a .38 LCR for wife about 6 months earlier. I've carried it, holstered it, stuck it between the seat and console, door pocket, glove box--just about anywhere you can safely carry one, and now it resides in a holster under the steering wheel of my car.

So, here's my question--after all this carrying--what do you guys do with the moon clips???? I've got them rolling around in the door pocket, sifting down to the bottom of the glove box, rattling around in the console........Is there an easy, yet accessible, storage solution?

Thanks in advance!

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
Plastic Storage Containers - The Revolver Supply Company, LLC

These are handy little pop top holders that you can store empty moon clips in, or use to carry a loaded clip or two.

I carry and store mine in some little containers that come in my wife's hair coloring kits to hold plastic gloves. They pop open easily when squeezed which I think would be faster than the commercial canisters, but they both work well. Easy to slip in your pocket.

Those empty orange plastic pill bottles work too, but those child proof lids make those too hard to get into under stress. Actually trying to get them open can cause stress! :D

I carry several loaded moon clips in a golf tee bag that I got as a hand out at a tournament. Its in my trunk, and has a carabiner clip that I snap on my belt loop when I drop by the range for a little lunchtime practice. It would easily fit in my glove box, but it's full of old napkins from the drive through.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured it out! A #13 prescription bottle works out perfectly! My by-the-letter-of-the-law daughter-in-law pointed out that you can't just have a prescription bottle floating around in the car--it must have a label on it. So I made one......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts