Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not looking into getting into a debate on snap caps and if they're needed or not, just have a question that hopefully someone can help me out with.

I'm looking to get a Ruger LCR in 9mm fairly soon (might order it after I'm done posting this). I want to get a set of snap caps to use with it to train in reloads as it will be my new duty back up. Guy at the gun store (and internet searches) show that A-Zoom caps in 9mm will not hold in the moon clips. Has anyone had any experience with any caps that will hold in the moon clips?

Thanks

·
JarheadLifer
318 Posts
I use the A-Zoom snap caps, and like you said, they will not snap in a moon clip.

Personally, I don't need help with loading/reloading, but with trigger control. For me, the A-Zooms work well.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
I like dummy bullets.
They are actualy shells so you are working with the real thing.
Check them out here
Dummybullet.com - A Smart Choice

Dummy Bullet Home Page

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I don't have any good suggestions for you but can confirm that with both types of moon clips I use in my 9mm SP101s won't hold a snap cap firmly in place. Once they're in they're fine for dry fire but useless when it comes to practicing reloads.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mine fit, but only non-OEM clips. Real issue with the Ruger clips.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you found you like the after mark clips better than the Ruger stock ones? I have heard good things about TK, but haven't done much research. I plan on ordering a few more after I get mine in

·
JarheadLifer
318 Posts
Have you found you like the after mark clips better than the Ruger stock ones? I have heard good things about TK, but haven't done much research. I plan on ordering a few more after I get mine in
I bought a 2-pack of the Ranch clips. A little stiffer than the Ruger, but only $9/4 pack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts