Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like a silly question, but I was just wondering what type of brush would be best to use while cleaning the breach face, cylinder face, and ejector star? Will a Hoppes cleaning brush with phosphor bronze bristles damage the finish, or should you stick to nylon bristles only? I'm not sure how the black ion coated finish on the LCRs holds up to scrubbing. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

·
Cat Herder
1,656 Posts
I'm a fan of nylon, though I might go a little stiffer on the front of the cylinder. I use a boresnake on the barrel.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
I'm a fan of nylon, though I might go a little stiffer on the front of the cylinder. I use a boresnake on the barrel.
I've never tried a bore snake on any handgun ... do they handle the job? :D

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
what type of brush would be best to use while cleaning the breach face, cylinder face, and ejector star?
I always use nylon bristle (toothbrush) on breech face, cylinder face and ejector star on my LCR. Pretty sure the Ruger video on LCR cleaning indicates this method.

I've used the standard bronze bristle brush when very dirty and the bore snake when it's not overly dirty.

The bore snake does have bronze bristles imbedded within, but not to the extent of the std brush.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts