Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a new LCR 357 and went shooting today, every third round, sometimes 4th one trigger would pull but just a click, pulled again and just a click, seems like cylinder is getting stuck or something. Any suggestions, thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
shouldnt say stuck, but more like it wont go into battery for the next round. I checked for crimp jumping on the bullet and some of them had it , one had the lead scraped of the end of it, but wouldnt that lock it up completely?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Be sure you are not short stroking (pulling the trigger part way back, releasing tension, then pulling back again).

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
With the cylinder swung out, you can move the back end of the cylinder latch out to the "closed" position with the end of a finger or thumb. Then the trigger will operate and you can see the pawl movement, too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a similar problem with a new SP101. Ruger CS made it all good again. Problem is, I wish they didn't have to take a second chance to make it good. It would be nice if it was good out of the box.

I own four Ruger handguns, and had to send one back. I'm not sure how that compares to other manufacturers like S&W, or Taurus. I am sure that Ruger will fix your problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did they tell you what was wrong with it? i live here in Prescott but they don't do revolvers so it has to go back to NH. I also own 5 rugers and this is my first major problem with one, just kind of sucks but stuff happens I guess.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
think i figured it out after a coule of days of troubleshooting. The frame is not sitting straight in the grip frame, it is way off. I think this is causing the ratchet to let the cylinder move in reverse during trigger pull when shooting 357s. I can pull triger and there is a spot during trigger pull that I can rotate cylinder in reverse. Mabye its not lining up correctly. I also notice off center primer strikes, and light strikes. well its on its way to ruger, im sure they will make it right.

·
Registered
629 Posts
have a new LCR 357 and went shooting today, every third round, sometimes 4th one trigger would pull but just a click, pulled again and just a click, seems like cylinder is getting stuck or something. Any suggestions, thanks
I had exactly the same problem with a LCR, it was returned twice to Ruger and on the third time Ruger stated that there was irrepairable problems and asked if I would accept a new LCR. I take that there was a frame problem as they virtually replaced every other part on the revolver before shipping a totally new one which is OK.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.