Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5Hello there. I just bought an LCRx yesterday.
Last night, I noticed that the cylinder wouldn't close and that was due to the ejection rod turning a bit. That's how I wound up on this site - Googling LCR issues. I like this gun, but this has got me a little spooked. How many people here have had this issue with their LCR - and was it resolved to your satisfaction by Ruger? I'm not sure how common the issue is, but there are a few discussions about it here going back 2-3 years. It seems like Ruger might have resolved this by now. I'm sort of fence sitting right now...cant decide whether to take it back where I bought it to trade for something else, or call Ruger after the Holiday. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Had my LCR .38 for 3 years. Has about 300 rounds through it with no problems.
First I have heard of this.
Let us know what you find out.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Every now and then my LCR9 ejection rod/star mis-aligns very slightly. It only happens when cleaning or working with the revolver unloaded.
As soon as I introduce a loaded moon clip it straightens itself out and functions as designed.
Never experienced star mis-alignment with my LCR357 or LCR22.
I do not own an LCRx.
There have been several threads on the issue where the poster contacted Ruger and Ruger paid shipping to return and correct the problem satisfactorily.
My minor mis-alignment has never interfered with firing and I never felt it was enough of a problem to return it to Ruger.
It's your call -- Ruger will correct the problem for you on their dime.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I don't think it would be an issue from a reliability standpoint, but it kinda makes me wonder if a part is out of spec. All my old revolvers were all steel, and pretty robust (Rugers in particular)...so I'm starting out a little nervous about the polymer/aluminum/steel combo ha ha.
If there is any side to side rotation of the rod (even a slight flick of the fingertip), the star moves just enough to misallign. I'll probably just run back in to the store where I bought it and ask them about it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had this problem with an lcr 9mm bought a year ago.

I returned it to the factory and they replaced the extractor at no cost to me.

Took less than 2 weeks including shipping.

It works fine now.

IMHO no need to live with it -- have it fixed.

·
12,955 Posts
Thanks. I don't think it would be an issue from a reliability standpoint, but it kinda makes me wonder if a part is out of spec. All my old revolvers were all steel, and pretty robust (Rugers in particular)...so I'm starting out a little nervous about the polymer/aluminum/steel combo ha ha.
If there is any side to side rotation of the rod (even a slight flick of the fingertip), the star moves just enough to misallign. I'll probably just run back in to the store where I bought it and ask them about it.
Your issue is far more of a problem than mine.
I would get a different revolver from your LGS or contact Ruger.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the same problem with an LCR 357 a couple years ago. I sent it back to Ruger and they promptly fixed it with no cost to me. Do not live with this problem and do not let it worry you about the durability or reliability of this revolver. It has been on the market long enough to be a proven design.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I went back to the store today and after a fairly long, and somewhat tense discussion, I got a replacement that doesn't have the issue.
Edited to add: The replacment has a much tighter cylinder lock up than the other one. I need to fire it now...but I'm much happier about the purhase.

·
12,955 Posts
I went back to the store today and after a fairly long, and somewhat tense discussion, I got a replacement that doesn't have the issue.
Edited to add: The replacment has a much tighter cylinder lock up than the other one. I need to fire it now...but I'm much happier about the purhase.
That is good news.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts