Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please share your pocket holster experiences. New LCR 38 SPL will not be carried in a pants/jeans front pocket, but in the outside pocket of winter coat/jacket worn by a woman, and that means the pockets are really small. If you carry your LCR in any of these holsters, please let me know good and bad about them. I am concerned of retention in the pocket and even more concerned about gun retention inside the holster.
DeSantis Nemesis
Galco Pocket Protector
DeSantis Pocket-Tuk (it has a removable clip transforming it to IWB, but will be very unlikely used as a belt gun)
Bianchi Pocket Piece (this one is actually formed and molded for LCR, but also reveals its shape)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I carried my LCR 357 in a Nemesis for years and had no problems. I didn't carry in a coat pocket, but don't know why it wouldn't work. She probably won't be able to one hand draw or get the weapon out of a coat pocket very quickly, but I'm not assuming that is something you are worried about.
I replaced the Nemesis with a Simply Rugged pocket holster and believe that the Simply Rugged is superior to the Nemisis. It seems to have a bit more retention and seems like it will hold up longer. It is made of a stiffer leather. It also has a small pocket to allow you to carry an extra speed strip. Check out the Simply Rugged. Good luck!

·
Banned
151 Posts
retention a problem , go to Alabama holsters website,,,hard abs and has bit of retention...otherwise desantis is a good one..

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm still using the Nemesis with my LCR357 and no plans to change for front pocket carry but I did just order a small IWB from Clinger just to have another option. I don't think I'd be comfortable carrying in an open coat pocket. If it is zipped or buttoned that would be better. Might help to post a picture of the jacket.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My Remora fits the LCR .38 well for pocket carry.
Also, I do carry in a jacket pocket when wearing one.
All my jackets do have a zipper closure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts