Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a blackhawk size 3 pocket holster, it doesn't let the trigger guard go all the way in. the size 4 didn't show the lcr as fit so i got the size 3 cause the package said it would fit. i have never pocket carried so i don't know, is this the way its suppose to fit? i thought everything but the grip should be in the holster. the trigger is in the holster and protected but thats as far as the gun goes in, the grip and a third of the trigger guard is out of the holster. anyone else try the size 3 with a lcr? or do i need a larger size? thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Not sure ... I have a 327 LCR on order so I will be looking into a pocket holster ...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
That's probably ok. I use a Desantis Nemesis that does cover the guard. I'd say retention and position are just as important as long as the trigger is covered. So if the gun stays put in a good position and draws cleanly, you should be good to go. But nothing wrong with trying the next size to see if it works better for you.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Blackhawk size 4 is ok for the LCR.

But you should get a better pocket holster that better fits your LCR. I use a RKBAholster that holds it more firmly and eases drawing by better positioning the gun.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I use a Remora for my LCR. JMO, but not a fan of the Blackhawks for pocket holsters. I prefer the Remora or a Sticky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts