Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this is a dumb question, but my LGS has an LCR and i noticed that it does not have a hammer. Are LCR's striker fired? How do they work? Also, are they double action only?

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Hey ditto1958 - no dumb questions here. The LCR does have a hammer you just can't see it. It's inside the shroud or hump-shaped area where you normally see a hammer. And yes, they are double action only (DAO).

Wave

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
The LCR is double action only. The hammer is covered by the extended frame. From he ones that I have dry fired and shot, the trigger action is very smooth.

·
Registered
828 Posts
+1 to the above. The trigger is VERY smooth (atleast on the 38 or 357 version, I've heard the 22 isn't as nice, but I've only heard that, haven't tried one)

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
+1 to the above. The trigger is VERY smooth (atleast on the 38 or 357 version, I've heard the 22 isn't as nice, but I've only heard that, haven't tried one)
We have the LCR in both 38 & 22 versions. Trigger pull is smooth on both, but the 22 has a much heavier pull.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
The LCR also has the Transfer Bar Safety that all ruger revolvers now have. I have seen it first hand. Dont ask me how I saw it... I saw it right before I had to send my brand new LCR-22 back to Ruger for reassembly. :(

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I have both 357 and 22 LCRs. The 357 has as nice a trigger you'd ever want on a revolver. The 22 is also very smooth, but about a two pound heavier pull. Rimfires need a heavier hammer strike for reliable ignition.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I have both 357 and 22 LCRs. The 357 has as nice a trigger you'd ever want on a revolver. The 22 is also very smooth, but about a two pound heavier pull. Rimfires need a heavier hammer strike for reliable ignition.
Thanks for the information on why the 22 pull is heavier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts