Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a 9mm lcr, i don't have much money left for a holster. i want to carry as soon as possible, and will buy a better one in a month or so. so far my choices i can get are the desantis sof tuck or desantis dual carry. are these good and which one would you get if it was choice? thanks

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If you want to carry as soon as possible, just stick it in your front pocket and go. :p

If you want to spend less than than $20 for a holster, get a Desantis Nemesis, put the LCR in it, put both in your front pocket and go.

If you want to spend more... actually I haven't found a better set up yet than the Nemesis in the pocket.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Uncle Mike's makes some nice holsters at a very affordable price. The Nemisis mentioned above will get you going too. I've seen some Blackhawk brand holsters at Walmart for around $10 that look fairly functional also.
Decide how you want to carry first and then go shopping. Also, budget for a nice wide belt that will support the weight of the gun. I use 1.75" belts and those work well. Good luck!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uncle Mike's makes some nice holsters at a very affordable price. The Nemisis mentioned above will get you going too. I've seen some Blackhawk brand holsters at Walmart for around $10 that look fairly functional also.
Decide how you want to carry first and then go shopping. Also, budget for a nice wide belt that will support the weight of the gun. I use 1.75" belts and those work well. Good luck!
got a great belt already. i've been carrying for several years but with an auto. got offered a good price for it and the stuff i had for it so i sold it. bought the lcr but don't have a holster. thanks i will check my local store today.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Python Holster Company. POCKET 2i
Belt Holsters - Products[name]=Pocket-Holster&catalog[decision_model_guids][0]=e91eebbf-1276-4b77-b378-fd8daba12985

Select pocket holsters in the fine print at the bottom

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I use a DeSantis Nemesis for pocket carry and a Sof-Tuck for IWB w my 38sp LCR. The Sof-Tuck works well, I'd recommend it. One thing though is it will collapse when the gun is out, making reholstering a little more difficult. Not a biggie but I'm always careful when reholstering that I don't catch the trigger and cause an ND.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Old Fart I have been doing pocket carry with my 2 LCR's in a very reasonably cost UTG pocket holster. Been using it with my cargo pants that work the best for pocket carry because of the larger leg pockets. The Nemisis Pocket Holster is also a good option. When I draw my LCR with the pocket the holster remains in the pocket it does take a bit more effort to reholster but they do work! Hope this helps but my feelings the proper pants meaning that have larger pockets help a ton with pocket carry good luck!!!:D;) Hint pick out what works best for you!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts