Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! I lurk about but haven't posted much lately. I have a 3" LCRx which has a great trigger and I also have an LCR in .22 mag which came with a gritty trigger. It has smoothed out with use but still has a little hitch (for lack of a better word) about halfway through the pull. I'm not mechanically proficient but I was wondering if there is anything I could do to improve it short of sending it in, bearing in mind I'm not a great gunsmith.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
With the specialty type of trigger the LCR's have I would tell you to send it in. Your LCRX is going to have a nicer trigger pull vs your LCR .22Mag due to the .22Mag. is a rimfire ctg. otherwise clean it up & keep it lubed up hoping more usage will free it up. Good Luck sounds to me what DSP24 is saying you should send your LCR back to Ruger and see what they will do for you!!!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I had my LCR22 WMR replaced, both had that hitch, think it has more to do with the geometry of the hammer spring compression, I could be wrong but it will cause ya to fire before you're ready if not paying attention. I'm keeping mine but it's the least favorite of all my firearms.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had my LCR22 WMR replaced, both had that hitch, think it has more to do with the geometry of the hammer spring compression, I could be wrong but it will cause ya to fire before you're ready if not paying attention. I'm keeping mine but it's the least favorite of all my firearms.
Thanks, DPS24. It requires a good grip otherwise it spoils the aim when it hits the hard spot. Mine is a house gun, in case I miss a perp I won't be endangering the neighbors. I'm pretty much used to it but it's not like the triggers on any of the other Rugers I've shot, even the stock 10/22 is much better.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Thanks, DPS24. It requires a good grip otherwise it spoils the aim when it hits the hard spot. Mine is a house gun, in case I miss a perp I won't be endangering the neighbors. I'm pretty much used to it but it's not like the triggers on any of the other Rugers I've shot, even the stock 10/22 is much better.
I have to place my finger past the first knuckle to gain control of the trigger and the sight picture...it's a crazy firearm. Not a fan of the 16lb spring but if they ever develope one lighter I'll be one of the first ones in line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts