Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll,
I just bought a LCR9. The first time I shot it I had problems with it shearing off pieces of the bullet. One piece hit me on my left cheek and drew blood! I also found shards of the bullet on the white rag that I left on the counter where I ejected the brass in the moon clip. I contacted Ruger and they sent me a R/A with a prepaid shipping label. I sent it to Ruger from CA to NH on 8/28 it was returned the following Friday! They replaced the cylinder and the pawl and test fired it. they even sent me the target. Great, expensive, attempt at customer service.
I returned to the range yesterday - experienced the same thing with some reloads from LAX and some Freedom Ammunition Elite loads that kept getting stuck and would not eject properly as well as, the shearing issue. So today I shot some Lellier & Bellot 115 gr FMJ and some Remington UMC 115 gr FMJ. Same problem, shearing and the Remington hit me in the cheek again - yes blood! Send it to Ruger again? Not sure how to proceed.:

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had the same problem. Went back twice they gave me the 38 at my reqest. By the way this should be in the double action section.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Go into the double action section and check out past problems with the lcr9. Plenty of info on this revolver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts