Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,278 Posts
I own a LCRx 3" 357 and have shot it extensively with Remington+P's JHP 125grain and a considerable amount of reloads. Probably have around 700+ rounds thru it. I like it for its adjustable rear sights that allow me to sight it for a particular round that I want to carry. It mitigates recoil better than my LCR357. A nice sight radius proves ittobea pretty accurate shooter. Addeda hi viz front sight which makes it easier to pick up. Recommend it highly.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Watch Wood Hardwood Wood stain Gadget

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Agree, good info and good photos. I love that Retro Possible Future look, like it came to us from one of the Many Worlds caused by a quantum event branch. Ruger is a fascinating company.

· Registered
937 Posts
I’ve been combing every lgs in my area and the entire online retail interweb for one since new years. None to be had. If you find one locally, you prob won't regret buying it.

· Registered
45 Posts
Carry gun while upland and waterfowl hunting. On hip or in chest rig, so light you don’t know it is there. Shoots well and I really like the grip and sights. I typically carry Federal 185 grain rounds when I carry a 357, if I need the revolver the bullet has to do the job since I only have 5!

I frequently carry 2.25 or 3” SP101 as an EDC around the ranch for chores. I prefer shooting the LCRx 3” but the SP101 seems more wear resistant/ durable.

hope you find one they are a good choice.

· Registered
66 Posts
If the 3" SP101 357 had adjustable sights, like on the LCRX it would be a great CC and field gun. My 3" SP101 is a good shooting gun but the front sight disappears in all but bright sunlight. The WC model may be a better gun in 3", I know it is a 2.25", but the sights are more visible. I have a high vis front sight to put on my 3" SP, just have not had time to get that done. With the factory sights my 3" shoots low at 25 yards with my favorite load, Keith HP in 38spl case plus good dose of 2400. I am afraid the high vis will make it shoot even lower, but I can use the green dot as the aiming point, I guess.

· Registered
3,783 Posts
I purchased a 3" LCRx .357 Mag at the end of 2019. Due to the events of 2020, which included a lot of work-related commitments, I didn't first shoot the gun until late 2020. 158 gr lead .38 Spl +P rounds shoot very well in it. 158 gr JHP .357 Mag rounds have quite a bit of recoil and blast. I've been working with 140 gr JHP Hornady XTP bullets and a slightly lower than max charge of W296 powder for some nicer shooting Magnum rounds. The practical accuracy of the gun at 10-20 yds is decent. I shoot my 4" GP100 .357 Mag noticeably better at 20+ yds, though. I have also polished up the internal trigger/hammer parts and installed a lighter (9 lb) Wolff mainspring for a smoother and a bit lighter DA trigger. The SA trigger is still fairly heavy, at around 7 lbs, but the letoff is smooth, with very little creep.

All in all, I find the gun to be a very good all-around compact carrying revolver.

Just for comparison, the 3" SP101 weighs 1/3 of a pound (5.7 oz, to be exact) more than the LCRx.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts