Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just saw this at Ruger.com this AM, TBH I'm not seeing the point here, would rather have a sp101 for a longer barrel. What do you all think?

www.ruger.com/news/2014-11-24.html

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I think I like it...

·
Ruger Connesewer ;)
470 Posts
Adjustable sights and a longer sight radius plus higher velocities with the only downside being harder to conceal. I think it's a great addition to the lineup ...

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I would also love different grip options similar to the SW Model 60 full 3 finger grip. I know conceal is a factor, but I think it would be a nice addition/option for this 3" gun. If this was a 3" LCRx 357 Mag with the full grip option I would be all over it. I think the sights are a big improvement.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Finally! Now that's the grip I've wanted on an LCR for a long time. Could never stand the short finger grooved ones. I wish they had come out with this last year before I opted for an SP101 instead. Still it's definitely a carry gun that I would like to handle, carry and shoot.

·
Registered
17,439 Posts
I like it. A 3" revolver weighing in at 15.7 oz. I'm still going to wait on it in .357 though.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally! Now that's the grip I've wanted on an LCR for a long time. Could never stand the short finger grooved ones. I wish they had come out with this last year before I opted for an SP101 instead. Still it's definitely a carry gun that I would like to handle, carry and shoot.
Yea I wonder if that grip will fit the other LCRs, probably does but don't want to assume

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Adjustable sights and a longer sight radius plus higher velocities with the only downside being harder to conceal. I think it's a great addition to the lineup ...
I like it. A 3" revolver weighing in at 15.7 oz. I'm still going to wait on it in .357 though.
Easier to conceal than the SP101.
I also would like .357 Mag and DAO for pocket carry.
I think Ruger hit the target with this new model.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well, Monday Morning, another new Ruger... RugerForum is the place I have found out about the last three or four new ones. How cool is it that I get the announcement and full discussion of these new pieces all here on my Favorite Forum. You guys are Great!!

I like the looks and character of this new one. I suspect that it is just what I've been waiting for. And frankly, I hope you guys like waiting for the likely-new .357, but a good +P is every bit as much fun to shoot. I've been loading a lot of .38 Special this year, and I just makes sense for me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
With 38 special ammo, the gains in muzzle velocity between 1.875" to 3" are pretty significant so I'm very glad to see this new model.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Want it in 357 Mag
+1 to that, but since we have been waiting for the regular LCRx in .357, I am not going to hold my breath waiting on one in this version. Just will have to go ahead and get the .38 +P and then add a .357 if they ever come out with one. :D

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Wait a minute....is that a full 3 finger grip? Yes, that is a full grip! Dang it I want one, but in 357. Found this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAukMCwLjV8

·
Registered
7 Posts
Man, a 3" LCR .357 would be the perfect lightweight hiking/backwoods companion.

Even the .38 with good loads, still. Almost definately picking this up as I find myself preferring to shoot .38 just about every range session anymore.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man, a 3" LCR .357 would be the perfect lightweight hiking/backwoods companion.
I can definitely see the merits of this as a kit gun

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is a really nice weight for a three inch gun. For someone who's main carry consideration is weight it could really hit the spot. Bonus points for looking like a lot of fun to shoot as well

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
Wow nice gun, I would still keep my LCRX that I have now, but this new 3 inch LCRX could replace my need for a 3 inch SP101. There are enough .38 Special +p loadings out there that would serve me just fine........I want one!! Besides guys I have a IWB holster thats for a 3 inch SP101 that would work great for this little beauty. The addition of adjustable sights and the white insert on the front sight helps a bunch! I still don't understand why Ruger hasn't incorporated the .357 & another great caliber into the LCRX design and thats the .327 Federal Magnum?? I mean Ruger could easily design their steel framing on the LCR into the LCRX fine tune it and bingo. Yes its going to weigh more but the 3 inch LCRX that they now have isn't that much heavier then the standard LCRX. It will be nice to hear a report on these guns! Nice find there fungun!!!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts