Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm highly considering the purchase of one of the new LCRx's in 3 inch. I like the concept of a kit gun and it fits my current need for that. I'm just wondering if anyone who has one could voice their opinion and if they have had any issues with it. Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
LCRx 3" opinions?

I've had one for about 2 weeks. I fired 100 rounds of various standard pressure and plus p ammo. No issues at all. I like the big sights, recoil is not bad at all, even with plus p, and the grip is nice for someone like me with small hands. Light as a feather.

Holster selection is limited as the big sights make it incompatible with many existing holsters. The holster below is the Mitch Rosen on the Ruger web site.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My LCRx 3" shoots like a dream. One cylinder was sticking the fired caseing. I reamed it out with a hand held drill bit. Never did see or feel a burr but the problem got fixed. The grips from the LCR are interchangeable. This makes for a different feel and a smaller grip for CCW.

Thanx for the holster information.

·
Registered
294 Posts
A 3" barrel is the preferred barrel length for me and it is available in an exceedingly light package with the LCRX 3". As mentioned above, just swapping between the grips allowed for a great all-around revolver that can be used for multiple uses.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I've had mine for several months and no issues after about 300 rounds. I like the size and weight and the grip has room for all my fingers. It makes a great night stand weapon and will make a good trainer for anyone new to shooting. I have a holster that works great made by a private individual and originally for the SP. I've found the SP holsters work well with the 3" LCRx but not the other way around. I thumbed my nose when this revolver came on the market and after handling it several times it came home with me. I'm well satisfied with it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Had mine since January. It is my most favorite firearm that I have ever owned. Stoke it with Underwood ammo and it is scary medicine for any hostile creature, and it is the most concealable firearm I've ever had as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great carry gun while afield

I carry my 3" LCRx when upland and duck hunting, it is very light and carries well. I shoot a lot of revolver rounds and this is a great shooter. I think it handles better than my 3" SP 101. I have not carried as a CCW but it certainly would work.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
That LCRX 3 is very nice, but darn I already have the snub LCRX & my SP101 3 inch barreled .38 Special!! I kinda don't need a LCRX3 but they look like a nice gun for a kit gun or CCW use!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have about 300 rds thru mine. Great shooter. I throw it in a cheap nylon holster when I hike. Only issue is the paint/decal/whatever in the front sight fell out after a rainy day on the range. Repainted it myself, no big deal. Still love it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dose anyone have a picture of one with an regular LCR grip on it?
Yes, I put the smaller grip on mine , just for summer carry. It works just fine, but my big hands prefer the larger grips. I just purchased a .327 LCR and am eagerly awaiting a .327 lcrx version. That 3" barrel does not disqualify it for carry, but adds a ton to the ballistics . The lcrx is a great revolver. :) I've also put the larger lcrx grip on my snub-nose lcr, for greater control while I'm developing loads for it. Snub nose loads that yield about 300 ft-lbs of muzzle energy are my aim point, and I have one, so far, while playing with my cheap , new chrono. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which nylon?

I have about 300 rds thru mine. Great shooter. I throw it in a cheap nylon holster when I hike. Only issue is the paint/decal/whatever in the front sight fell out after a rainy day on the range. Repainted it myself, no big deal. Still love it
Do you recall which nylon holster you purchased? I'd love more information. I'm in the market for an inexpensive holster for the LCR-X 3 inch to use on occasion. I had one for a 3 inch SP101, but it does not fit the LCR-X.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I am tempted by it, but I would have preferred it had been built on the 357 LCR platform instead.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do you recall which nylon holster you purchased? I'd love more information. I'm in the market for an inexpensive holster for the LCR-X 3 inch to use on occasion. I had one for a 3 inch SP101, but it does not fit the LCR-X.
Remora makes an owb and IWB for it. Pretty cheap too. Right now they got 15% off. Ordered mine a few days ago.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I am tempted by it, but I would have preferred it had been built on the 357 LCR platform instead.
This. I've had a 3" SP101 on the "maybe I'll get it someday" list, but if they had a 3" LCRx357, I think that would take its place.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I hope to have a 3" version before too long. I've admired the looks and function of this version since I first saw it. I had thought that I'd wait until the .32 or .357 versions arrived, but after a few recent sessions with .38+P, I've changed my mind. Is there anything more artful or more functional than this beautiful weapon and that Mitch Rosen holster? Some things in life are just worth having!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Remora makes an owb and IWB for it. Pretty cheap too. Right now they got 15% off. Ordered mine a few days ago.

Do they make one specifically for the 3 inch? I bought a Sticky Holster that's is supposed to fit the LCRx3" and while it fits well, the sights can snag when you draw.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts