Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a blued 6" GP 100 and got to the range this weekend. I also took along a LCRX-3 I picked up last summer for a tackle box gun. My goal was to get a feel for point of impact/adjusting the GP 100 sights. As this is my first .357, I really haven't settled on particular bullet, so I'm still playing with that.

I was able to shoot both guns from a stable rest. Sight adjustments were made to both pistols and I couldn't help but notice the amount of flex in the rear adjustment of the LCRX-3 as opposed to the GP 100. The adjustment screw on the LCRX was looser/easier to turn as well. I'm wondering if that's to be expected and if this flex inhibits effort to fine tune the accuracy on the LCRX.

I haven't completely convinced myself how bad I needed the .357, but I think I'm going to like this gun. Recoil is quite manageable just as the research indicated. My thoughts were/are I'd like to hunt deer up close with this weapon. I learned two things; (A) I need to replace the front sight with one more brightly contrasting, and (B) I needs lots of practice as I make accurate handgun shooting look hard.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I own both the LCRx 3" and GP100 in SS 6" barrel and like them both.

To become more proficient shooting handguns you will need to practice. The best way is to have someone that knows how to shoot observe you while shooting inform you of what you may need to do to correct any issue's you may be having. Did I mention practice, practice and practice.

JMHO

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts