Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Million Dollar Question Can It Be Done ! It Makes Complete Sense To Me For Faster Reloading On Your CCW Platform :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I am sure that your cylinder can be cut for moon clips, but the bigger question is who currently makes moon clips for the 327 LCR?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sure that your cylinder can be cut for moon clips, but the bigger question is who currently makes moon clips for the 327 LCR?
. Figure They Make Them For The Sp. Why Not The LCRX. KINDA, "Sam-Ting" ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I found a speed loader for it. It's one of the popular makers of speed loaders but the name escapes me right now. If you want I'll check and see if the Mfg's name is on the loader, but you can probably google it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Speedbeez makes a speed loader for the .327 LCR but it costs almost $40! 5-Star Firearms also sells one for $20.

AFAIK, the common makers, HKS and Safariland, don't make one that works with the LCR.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Moon Clips ! Did Some Diggen Found This T K custom. 5 for $37.50. sku Ruger LCR327. .025 Thick.

·
Registered
266 Posts
HKS does make speed loader for the SP101/LCR .327 Fed. Had some for a few years.
Model 32-J

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I think .327 is too long for a moonclip-----cartridges will wobble so much that a clip will be slower than a speed loader or a speed strip.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just ordered a 5Star J2-327 Speedloader for my new LCR. I am a Safariland Speedloader Fan, but as stated above, none are available for the LCR. Will let you know what I think of it, once it is delivered.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All Set To Come Back To Papa ! I'll Put It Back Together And Give Her A Whirl 10 Moon Clips 1 Mandrel and Machine Work Done By T. K. In Illinois We Shall See !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm Back. Moved To Tn.Now In Tullahoma, Can Tell You This Love The Moon Clips Sometimes You Just Got To Do It To Find Out The Truth Like Anything Els It Takes A Little Getting Use To A Better Way PDQ To Load & Dump 6 At A Time Sure Theres Set Up Time Just As Much As With The Speeders But You Get To Dump Quicker

1 - 12 of 12 Posts