Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Took my LCP to the range today and shot 92 gr LRN over 3.2gr of W231. I fired 75 rounds and had no failures. This was an easy load to shoot and I got as good a group as I'm able to! It shot to the same POA as the Armscor FMJ I also shot.
I saw a bit of very light leading and subsequent cleanup was easy. I've now got maybe 400 rounds down the tube and this pistol has been totally reliable no matter what I fed it. FYI I am using Mobil 1 as a lube and fairly lightly at that.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Glad it's working well for you, I have never tried lead bullets in .380acp. For the range/practice, I prefer the 100gr. plated bullets from Berry's or Xtreme, and their RNFP is accurate for me.

I have used HP38 (W231) with good success, but settled on TiteGroup as the best for me in short barreled pistols.

·
Banned
1,940 Posts
Shoot a few jacketed bullets at the end and that will clean out most of the leading.

I'm probably going to start reloading lead 380 acp soon because it's very efficient and only needs a few grains of 700x powder.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad it's working well for you, I have never tried lead bullets in .380acp. For the range/practice, I prefer the 100gr. plated bullets from Berry's or Xtreme, and their RNFP is accurate for me.

I have used HP38 (W231) with good success, but settled on TiteGroup as the best for me in short barreled pistols.
I like the plated ones as well but wanted to try the lead. I can't find TiteGroup or much of any other pistol powder out here.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
I like the plated ones as well but wanted to try the lead. I can't find TiteGroup or much of any other pistol powder out here.
Midsouth Shooters Supply has TiteGroup for $15.80 a pound & it's in stock.
Get several + primers & it eases the sting of the HazMat fee.:cool:

Cabela's has several powders in stock also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts