Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently learned two things. One is that Ruger has awesome customer service, the other is that I need to be more careful buying used guns.
I recently sent a Mark I back to Ruger. I had purchased it used from a big box store, and when I shot it, the upper receiver became very loose as did the main spring assembly. I sent it back through the store I purchased it from and Ruger had it back to me less than two weeks later. According to the paper they included, they replaced the rivets that hold in the lug that locks the upper receiver to the lower. I took it shooting today and it was flawless.
This is after I sent back a GP100 with chambering issues and they had it back to me in less than two weeks with a new cylinder.
Pretty sure the cylinder was not something I could really have checked for, but a loose upper is. Oh well, live and learn. At least this lesson wasn't expensive.
Sorry to run on, but I always feel the need to share good experiences instead of just bad ones. I have always been a Ruger fan and this just makes me more of one.

·
Banned
650 Posts
Cylinders being out of spec is par for the course with Ruger. If you mark the cylinders on any Ruger revolver you will have one that consistently shoots a flyer. There is a cylinder reamer for every caliber. I always have the cylinders reamed and chamfered among other things by a gunsmith after I acquire a new revolver of any make. Revolvers shoot so much better when a gunsmith works them over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts