Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the idea for this thread from Trigger Creep; he just recently posted a thread about Favorite Food [credit where credit is due, and all that]. So it occurred to me: What is the food that you DESPISE the most? For me, it's an easy one: Seafood. If it ever walked around a field going "moo", yeah, I'm all for it. But if it ever swam....yuck!:eek: How about you?

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
It's called scrapple.... It'a a PA thing as far as I know but it's sinful... In fact my relatives don't even know what's in the stuff. Yuck. Other than that anything that has pickles, onions, mustard, or mayonase.

BTW, SPAM is 100% delightful. Love that stuff, might eat some today even. Cold or cooked it's good.

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
SPAM....ugh.
I love Spam! :D I bought the other brand one time called "Treat," which is made by Armour. I found a thin, diagonally cut blood vessel in it -- after I already had eaten a few pieces. Then it dawned on me: Treat is probably two words put together -- "Tripe" and "Meat." Losers.

My wife won't eat Spam. She said they had it too much when she was growing up.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know how weird this is, coming from a guy born and raised in the South, but another one I turn my nose up at: Collards! Just the smell of them cooking is enough to make me flee the house!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Jarhead6012,

I don't like chilled tomatoes but warm, room temperature ones. The taste is totally different. According to chefs, the tomato out of the fridge loses its
flavor and more or less takes on a whole new taste. Try some salt on a tomato or a little bit of sugar--again quite good.

Have you tried stewed tomatoes, say from Del Monte with spices in it?

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
I know how weird this is, coming from a guy born and raised in the South, but another one I turn my nose up at: Collards! Just the smell of them cooking is enough to make me flee the house!
Can we say puke? I hate 50% of food, love the other 50% though.....

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Horseradish

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
My aunt (mother's youngest brother's wife) made Beef Stroganoff one time, I was about 5 years old. I chewed that one mouthful for no less than five minutes. My dad leaned over and said, "Eat your vegetables." I swear she used cube steak. Oh, man, was her meat full of gristle.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
My aunt (mother's youngest brother's wife) made Beef Stroganoff one time, I was about 5 years old. I chewed that one mouthful for no less than five minutes. My dad leaned over and said, "Eat your vegetables." I swear she used cube steak. Oh, man, was her meat full of gristle.
Nothing's worse than chewy Beef Stroganoff, turrible! It's good when it's good, bad when it's bad.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nothing's worse than chewy Beef Stroganoff, turrible! It's good when it's good, bad when it's bad.
I make a KILLER Stroganoff, key is to make sure you have a good cut of meat and freeze it for 15 mins or so before you slice. That gives you a nice even slice and cooks better.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Jarhead6012,

I don't like chilled tomatoes but warm, room temperature ones. The taste is totally different. According to chefs, the tomato out of the fridge loses its
flavor and more or less takes on a whole new taste. Try some salt on a tomato or a little bit of sugar--again quite good.

Have you tried stewed tomatoes, say from Del Monte with spices in it?
I have tried them chilled, warm, etc...just not a fan of them.
Yea put some in my chili once, not again.

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
Am I right? Tabasco Sauce goes on just about everything? I can't get enough of that stuff. Of course, I don't drink it.

·
Banned
1,402 Posts
I"m with you....they're just bugs that learned how to swim.....But, If you've ever had fresh walleye from Canada, right out of the lake, cooked in a frying pan on shore, with beans and potatoes...nothing better out of the water.
I got the idea for this thread from Trigger Creep; he just recently posted a thread about Favorite Food [credit where credit is due, and all that]. So it occurred to me: What is the food that you DESPISE the most? For me, it's an easy one: Seafood. If it ever walked around a field going "moo", yeah, I'm all for it. But if it ever swam....yuck!:eek: How about you?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts