Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to buy the Lee kit to reload 45 Colt. It is too slow and noisey using the Lee Loader although it works very well on 45-70. I only plan on using lead bullets. What is a good 45 Colt die set for a nice crimp.
Thanks Keith

·
Registered
197 Posts
To put it simply any name brand will do just fine. I have mostly RCBS and one set from Dillon and one from Lee. Oh, and one from Lyman I just bought off of ebay. If you are on a tight budget you may want to start with a set from Lee. If you can spend extra, in my opinion, buy one of the better brands. That's just me.

Jay

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Are you going with the lee 4-hole turrent kit? If so, check out the lee 4-die set they are now offering that offers the factory crimp die with it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
knorris948,

Since you are already going to get the Lee Anniversary kit, go all the way and get their Deluxe 4 die set. It comes complete with shell holder, dipper, and Factory Crimp Die.
I got a Deluxe set not long ago with some other things I bought, and surprisingly it works very well. The ammo that set made was equal to what my RCBS and Lyman die sets make.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.