Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a problem with Lee Pro Auto-Disk Powder Measure. Loaded 500 rounds 45LC and 200 9mm with no problem. Took it off the Lee 4 Hole Turret Press to move it to another location. Put it back on the 9mm dies the exact way it went on. But now it doesn't meter.The auto disk doesn't slide.
Now it doesn't work on my 45LC dies. Almost like the spring lost it's tension. I'm at a loss. Can't for the life of me figure it out. Any input would be great appreciated. Going to call Lee CS tomorrow, hopefully their tech can help.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Having a problem with Lee Pro Auto-Disk Powder Measure. Loaded 500 rounds 45LC and 200 9mm with no problem. Took it off the Lee 4 Hole Turret Press to move it to another location. Put it back on the 9mm dies the exact way it went on. But now it doesn't meter.The auto disk doesn't slide.
Now it doesn't work on my 45LC dies. Almost like the spring lost it's tension. I'm at a loss. Can't for the life of me figure it out. Any input would be great appreciated. Going to call Lee CS tomorrow, hopefully their tech can help.
Good luck my friend, Lee's CS is excellent.

I don't use one, but would if I had a turret.

·
Registered
686 Posts
It will be Impossible to diagnose your particular problem remotely, but I suggest you call or email Lee's customer service people. I've had great experience with them on two occasions. They will get you up and running in no time.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hope you guys are right. I'm sure it's a simple fix, just got so discouraged.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Check to make sure the tab on the arm is in the correct slot on the disk. You should be able to test it by hand when you disconnect the chain. Sounds simple, but I know "others" have made the same mistake. :eek:

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Sounds simple, but I know "others" have made the same mistake.
Yup! Guilty :eek:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Check to make sure the tab on the arm is in the correct slot on the disk. You should be able to test it by hand when you disconnect the chain. Sounds simple, but I know "others" have made the same mistake. :eek:
Without getting more info from the OP, this would also be my best bet.

However, with the statement "the spring lost it's tension", I'm wondering whether he didn't forgot to put the small cilinder (that activates the powder dispenser and where the powder falls through) the in the raiser.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Without getting more info from the OP, this would also be my best bet.

However, with the statement "the spring lost it's tension", I'm wondering whether he didn't forgot to put the small cilinder (that activates the powder dispenser and where the powder falls through) the in the raiser.
Biartr you hit the nail on the head. Missing the expander plugs.They had fallen out when I move my loading bench. Such a simple thing drove my crazy feeling a bit foolish. But all is well in NJ now:D or as well as it could be in this gun unfriendly state.

Thanks guys for all the input.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Biartr you hit the nail on the head. Missing the expander plugs.They had fallen out when I move my loading bench. Such a simple thing drove my crazy feeling a bit foolish. But all is well in NJ now:D or as well as it could be in this gun unfriendly state.
Glad you are operational again!
Makes me think i need to spend some bench time myself this weekend.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Regarding living in New Jersey, have you ever thought about moving to another state. I have made a number of good decisions in my life (as well as bad ones). One of my better ones was moving out of New York City on July 4th 1976. I figure if all the folks that are sick and tired of living in places that refuse to allow adherence to the 2nd Amendment. The tax base in those states would drop to a point where they would no longer be able to function.
I retired to North Carolina. In this state you can hunt with supressors, own machine guns and carry a concealed weapon (permit required) and practice your faith without government interference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts