Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Turret Press got where it didn't stop at the right place under the Dies and I could tell the Guide Rod was slightly bent. The follow is the E-mail I sent to Lee and the Reply. :)

We will mail a new index rod and clamp to the address you have provided below.

At 02:39 PM 7/31/2007, you wrote:

I have the Lee Turret 4 hole press and the guide rod that turns the press is bent and out of time where it doesn't work right. I need a new rod and guide so it will turn correctly. My mailing address is **************************** Thanks

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Lee has always given me good service. When you consider how much cheaper they are than the other company's it is even more amazing that they will replace their stuff if it breaks. I had a Auto Disk powder measure that got to where it was spilling a lot of powder and they replaced several of the parts free of charge. Can't beat em!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I think lee is the "ruger" of the reloading world. American owned, American made, American designed. Some people complain that since it is inexpensive it can't be good.
Lee in my experience has always been a good value just like my rugers.
Yes most of lee's presses are alloy but so are rugers.
Lee cost much less than other brands but so does the p90.
Lee does folks right just like ruger does.
It might not be the prettist or most expensive out there but like my p90 it'll get the job done.

·
Registered
758 Posts
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

I think lee is the "ruger" of the reloading world. American owned, American made, American designed. Some people complain that since it is inexpensive it can't be good.
It might not be the prettist or most expensive out there but like my p90 it'll get the job done.
My sentiments exactly. +1

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
there has never been anything wrong with Lee equipment they are just as good if not better than any other equipment. i use there case triming system while I watch John Waynne shoot it out with the BG's. Power sorce is a Dewalt cordlees drill works for me.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I bought a Lee 3 hole turret press and dies a little over 20 yrs ago on sale at Midsouth. Of course some of my friends with more expensive tools told me I'd be sorry for buying that "cheap" stuff. It's paid for itself many times over and still going strong. What else can you ask for. If and when it breaks I may buy one of their newer 4 hole turret presses but might just buy another 3 hole if they still make it.
Baker

·
Registered
60 Posts
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

Is that the reason I like Lee so much or vice versa. New Ruger guy from PA here. I got the Lee Classic Turret kit with a few upgrades from Kempf Gun Shop. I use Lee 44 and 45 ACP dies for my P345 and Super Redhawk. Factory crimp dies, Universal decapping die, reloader pack (cheap press but I use it to decap), etc. I do own a few green items (tumbler, powder ticker)[:I]. I guess thats OK.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just about use Lee exclusively, and my guns eat everything I reload and a FTF just don't happen. I can't remember when I've had a round to not fire. The cheap reloading equipment will do just as good a job reloading as the expensive. Thats the reason I put Lee and Ruger in the same category. Cheap but good.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a Lee Turret Press I use for .38SPL. .357, and .45ACP. For the money, it has to be one of the best reloading deals available. I have never heard a bad word about Lee customer service and they really seem to stand behind their products. From reading on a number of reloading forums, many people use Lee dies with other brands of presses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.