Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I got this picture from Jeff Quinns Gunblast.com website. It is from the shotshow and it is a left handed Charter Arms revolver. I wonder why no one ever thought of this before (or have they?)

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Now that makes sense... A lefty for a lefty.

It's propably costly to retool for a "left-handed" run... The frames would have to be mirrored.

I just wonder... Do the reverse the barrel twist, as well? A right 1:12 to a left 1:12? It would seem to affect the handling and the torque created... And a left handed shooter may handle better with a reverse twist... anyhow, just wondering...

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Now that is an added plus for those south paw types.... hey sheepdog, are you a south paw? I think he is still all paws though so it won't hep him none.

But no all kidding aside, this is a good thing.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm southpaw-but I'd never buy a lefty revolver-a lifetime of opening, dumping, and shooting with the same hand-I'm too old to change...Charter would have been better served to put the $$ into quality control-spotty reports and sorry service has been my personal experience...their .44 is a good concept but not from them...JB, you must have seen me at a barbecue:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts