Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a military vet thread with members posting their service terms, I would like to start a LEO Roll Call thread for our brave officers that fight the home front.

·
Registered
86 Posts
25 years for a city in So California, 2 more years and I'm out. We have a 3% at 50 years old retirement. It works out to about 87% of what I take home now. I'll be looking for a new job.

Richard

·
Registered
782 Posts
I retired as a Captain in 2007 after 32 years of service in the Metropolitan Cleveland area.

·
Registered
714 Posts
My LE career started here in Missouri back in 73 and continued, off and on, up until the mid eighties. Was intending to do it as a second career in addition to my military one but it just didn't work out the way I intended. Was worth the effort though.

No regrets.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Topeka, Ks Police Department from 1973 to 1981.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks guys for doing what you do on the civilian side of things.

I was a military LEO, does that count?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't know if others think its appropriate but I worked in a Maximum Security Penitentiary for 24 years. Not a Cop you say? Right! Cops get a break, we have to put up with the scum of the earth our entire shift everyday we work from the time we check in to the time we check out.

Cops, on the other hand, at least get a donut break every now and then ;)

Cops get a sense of accomplishment by helping a lost child or a crime victim, we on the other hand get to listen to the criminal snivel cause he didn't get a fair break by the judge and doesn't understand why he cant have fresh sheets everyday....

It is a great moment when you leave through those steel gates knowing your going home and he's staying though.

Cops bust'em...we keep'em.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Seven years in south Florida, back in the 80's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Monticello Police Dept NY. Started in 1987 and will retire later this year sometime. It's time to take my pension and start a new career. I had a good ride!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know if others think its appropriate but I worked in a Maximum Security Penitentiary for 24 years. Not a Cop you say? Right! Cops get a break, we have to put up with the scum of the earth our entire shift everyday we work from the time we check in to the time we check out.

Cops, on the other hand, at least get a donut break every now and then ;)

Cops get a sense of accomplishment by helping a lost child or a crime victim, we on the other hand get to listen to the criminal snivel cause he didn't get a fair break by the judge and doesn't understand why he cant have fresh sheets everyday....

It is a great moment when you leave through those steel gates knowing your going home and he's staying though.

Cops bust'em...we keep'em.
AMEN BROTHER!
8yrs DOD Police w/ Military Mobile L.E. unit
5yrs Security w/DOD Contractor(Classified facility)
5yrs E.P. and Estate Security for XXXXXXXXXXXXX
and the last 3yrs on at a chain gang work camp

·
Registered
17 Posts
I first got my badge in 1971 and got hurt in 92. I am still commissioned but just teach a little. I did not realize that it was 38 years until I wrote this note. Wow. Hank.

·
Registered
19 Posts
IRS Revenue Agent, 1976-80. Not exactly the guns-n-badges kind of job. Investigated white-collar crime. More of the calculators-n-journals kind of job. Someone's gotta do it! :)

1 - 20 of 226 Posts