Ruger Forum banner

201 - 220 of 226 Posts

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
I pulled a short 6 year LEO career in southern NH. 1989-1995
Glad to have you and thank you for your service. BTW I love those mowzers too.;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Thank you, my area of expertise is the WW2 German K98, have 9 0f them.
I would think so then! I've got a Serbian knock off that's in excellent condition. Haven't shot it yet.

Also have a pre-Mauser P-09.nice pistol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
December 30th ends 26 years with the state of California. 22 yrs in Corrections working everything from min to max and medical/MH institution. Manson was a POS and didn't deserve to live as many years as he did.

In the last 30 days lost two retired officers. One was retired almost 3 yrs and the other just over 3 weeks!

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
December 30th ends 26 years with the state of California. 22 yrs in Corrections working everything from min to max and medical/MH institution. Manson was a POS and didn't deserve to live as many years as he did.

In the last 30 days lost two retired officers. One was retired almost 3 yrs and the other just over 3 weeks!
Thank you for your service! As a former Deputy Sheriff I know what working in a jail is like. I've also toured San Quinton. I don't envy you your old job.

Yes, Manson was a POS that should have been executed decades ago. I lived in the Bay Area for most of my life and I remember all of that. He was convicted right after CA banned executions.

We had Angela Davis in our jail living in a special high security addition built just for her. Later on it became the drunk tank.

Sirhan Sirhan is still in San Quinton.

If you're a new member, welcome to the forum!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
I retired 4 years ago, was a control room operator at the local lock up.
We had Chuck Manson in our sallyport when they transferred him from Pelican Bay back to the Q. I watched him from 50 yards away in a camera.

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
I retired 4 years ago, was a control room operator at the local lock up.
We had Chuck Manson in our sallyport when they transferred him from Pelican Bay back to the Q. I watched him from 50 yards away in a camera.
He was one scary SOB.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Retired Deputy Sheriff, 11 years in Indiana and 26 years in Florida. In the old days, you had to furnish your own firearm so I carried a Colt Government 70 series. Later, the company issued a Glock 22, which they gave me when I retired.....robin

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Retired Deputy Sheriff, 11 years in Indiana and 26 years in Florida. In the old days, you had to furnish your own firearm so I carried a Colt Government 70 series. Later, the company issued a Glock 22, which they gave me when I retired.....robin
A Glock 22? What good is a .22?

Just kidding. Welcome and Merry Christmas!
And thank you for your service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did 20 years and went out as Chief four days after my 50th birthday. And I’ll never work again!

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like you had a great career!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I started in 1971 and retired in 2007 as a Chief of Police in Colorado. I now carry a badge as a security Officer for a high end resort in Colorado owned by John Hendricks(Discovery Channel Founder) We also provide security for his homes and ranches in the area.

·
Registered
26 Posts
32 years in the Hudson Valley of NY with two more to go to max out the retirement! There's a light at the end of the tunnel, just hope it's not the train coming in!!!!!!

Started carrying wheel guns, then transitioned to Glock 9mm for a couple years until we switched to Glock 40cal. Used to have the option of either the 23 (my preferred) or 22. Now everyone in patrol HAS to carry the Glock 22.

201 - 220 of 226 Posts