Ruger Forum banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Corrections from 92 to 97. Cop since then. Street cop till 2010, now a detective in a counter terrorism role.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Raleigh, NC PD for 28.5 years (counts as 30). 1980-2008.
Retired, living on the NC OBX now.
Fish, hunt, shoot, rinse, repeat.

·
Registered
74 Posts
sheriff deputy in FAR west tx in 70s with some of that time on DEA task force. took the 80s off to lose my ass owning/running a gun store. adult probation gang unit in 90s. 2000 to 2001 adult parole. didn't take me long to get disgusted with that scam. 20002 to 2012 supervisor in prison. hated everyday of it, but retired with good health benefits, reason i did it. record shows 27 years only because they didn't count 2 yrs as a jailer working on booking floor. own/live on 10 acres surrounded by 350. fish/hunt/set up a covered shooting range. teaching grandkids to do same. hour south of liberal hell (austin tx).

·
Registered
48 Posts
32 years in the Hudson Valley of NY with two more to go to max out the retirement! There's a light at the end of the tunnel, just hope it's not the train coming in!!!!!!

Started carrying wheel guns, then transitioned to Glock 9mm for a couple years until we switched to Glock 40cal. Used to have the option of either the 23 (my preferred) or 22. Now everyone in patrol HAS to carry the Glock 22.
Funny that 23 was my favorite with US Customs later CBP. Then they made everyone carry a Glock 9 Mm then HK P2000 .
I started as an army MP in76 . Babysat a nuke refurbishment depot 2 years and did 2 as street cop in Germany. No jobs open so I hired on with the Fed Bureau of Prisons. I got trapped there 5 years waiting for Reagan to make up his mind on the new FERS retirement before bailing to use my GI Bill to get a Masters. Joined the National guard to supplement the $$. Best job I ever had. Wasn’t taking any chances on getting stuck back in jail .
Once I got finished school I got picked up by US Customs and did my small piece in the war on drugs up north. Fast forward we all got dragooned into the one agency NOBODY wanted to be in, Customs and Border Protection. After that I just hid as best possible and bailed ( retired) as soon as I could. I was glad to escape as all the rest seem to agree. The retirement is decent though. My mantra today follows that of one of my supervisors. “ When I’m outa here I’m never gonna work for some SOB ever again”. Words to live by!
Would I do it again in this day and age? I seriously doubt it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

221 - 226 of 226 Posts