Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kind of hate this kind of post. It always feels like I'm saying "Hey pay attention to me, I care!" as if its an attention grab, but I have to say...

To all the LEO's and Armed Servicemen and women, Thank you for all that you do and/or have done, to keep me and everyone else safer. With all thats going on with the attacks on LEO's, I worry about my daughter, who is a Sheriff's Deputy, and any other person who has their *** on the line out there.

With a father who was in the Navy, an uncle who was also a Lieutenant in the Sheriff's Dept and a step father who was a Reserve Deputy, and of course my daughter, and although I have never served, I have always felt like I was part of that "family" of brave men and women(tho I know I'm not). I worry and feel sorrow and anger at times like these, as I'm sure we all do, if you care about our country and fellow Americans.

Please take care of yourselves as you try to take care of us. I, and I hope everyone else on this forum, will try to keep eyes and ears open and do what we can to help. You are all in my prayers, God bless and keep up the good fight!

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Well stated.
I agree.
God bless all those that protect us.

·
Premium Member
14,866 Posts
Amen and Thank You for raising such a great daughter!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Broon, you are part of our family. WWith your, daughter who goes out on the line, you qualify. Try telling my wife or mom they aren't part of the family.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Broon I am a retired 30 year LEO and Army veteran. For every dirtbag and nutcase out there, there is thousands like you that support us and have our back. It is citizens like you and family that make it worthwhile to put our safety on the line.
In a way you are part of the family, for without you we could not do our job or even want too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys.

Told my daughter about this forum. She may join us soon! And not to derail my own thread(and maybe this has already been answered in another thread) but i do wonder, how many ladies are in here?

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Thanks guys.

Told my daughter about this forum. She may join us soon! And not to derail my own thread(and maybe this has already been answered in another thread) but i do wonder, how many ladies are in here?
Since we don't have to give out much in the way of info when we join, I don't know if that's something anyone has. But...

There is a statistically valid way to find out how many women are on this forum, if you really want to know. Post a new thread with the title "Why women should not be allowed to shoot". If you want to be super statistically accurate point out you think that if we must allow women to own guns they should be required to be pink for easier identification.

I guarantee you'll hear from every woman on this forum. 100%. Probably starting with your daughter...

:D:D:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since we don't have to give out much in the way of info when we join, I don't know if that's something anyone has. But...

There is a statistically valid way to find out how many women are on this forum, if you really want to know. Post a new thread with the title "Why women should not be allowed to shoot". If you want to be super statistically accurate point out you think that if we must allow women to own guns they should be required to be pink for easier identification.

I guarantee you'll hear from every woman on this forum. 100%. Probably starting with your daughter...

:D:D:D
Heh yeah I gonna pass on that :) but thanks for the suggestion lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
I never served as a police officer. But i respect the ones that treat others fair. I know that some people gives officers a hard time and you have to do what it takes to be safe i was in the military so i understand u have to be safe in the time we are in. Be safe out there. God be with you at all times

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I kind of hate this kind of post. It always feels like I'm saying "Hey pay attention to me, I care!" as if its an attention grab, but I have to say...

To all the LEO's and Armed Servicemen and women, Thank you for all that you do and/or have done, to keep me and everyone else safer. With all thats going on with the attacks on LEO's, I worry about my daughter, who is a Sheriff's Deputy, and any other person who has their *** on the line out there.

With a father who was in the Navy, an uncle who was also a Lieutenant in the Sheriff's Dept and a step father who was a Reserve Deputy, and of course my daughter, and although I have never served, I have always felt like I was part of that "family" of brave men and women(tho I know I'm not). I worry and feel sorrow and anger at times like these, as I'm sure we all do, if you care about our country and fellow Americans.

Please take care of yourselves as you try to take care of us. I, and I hope everyone else on this forum, will try to keep eyes and ears open and do what we can to help. You are all in my prayers, God bless and keep up the good fight!
Message approved. Thanks for being a good parent..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! Her mother and I tried like hell to give her and her brother all the support we could for whatever they wanted to do. I'm sure they didn't always think we were but kids think parents are lame and don't know squat lol Both are pretty good kids tho so mom and dad are pretty happy with them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts