Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of them, I could share. But, . . .I'd like to hear some of Yours ! Don't forget to go into details.

Entertaining, silly, stupid, or outright dangerous !

Lets hear em !

·
Registered
56 Posts
Okay. I'm at an outdoor range with a fifty yard range for pistols, and up to 300 for rifles. They have some 18" gongs at 100 yds. For kicks, I usually put a few rounds from my 1911 onto the gong during my trips. Had one of the really bright ones tell me "Hey, you can't shoot that here, this is just for rifles, besides, that gun won't work over here." After I proceeded to hit the gong seven for seven, I had to agree didn't seem to work very well at all.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
This happened just yesterday..... My wife, brother-in-law, and I took a gun safety course yesterday. They needed it for their application for CCW. I took it for fun. This course was really good...went not only into the normal stuff, but also into chemical agents (pepper spray).

After the class time, we went to the range. The instructor gave pointers to all 3 of us, and had us shoot. All went well, and he spent a lot time assisting my wife and BIL with stance, sight picture, etc. When he was comfortable with our abilities, he opened his gun case and pulled out a Wilson Combat .38 super, with a red dot scope. He explained that at one time, this was one of his IPSC guns. He then shot a nice group with it at 15 yds., and asked if we all would like to try it. Of course our answer was yes. To make a long story short, my wife had the best group...5 shots at 15 yds.......ONE RAGGED HOLE, which measured about 1 1/4 inch. Needles to say, she liked the gun.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Last year some police recruits were at our local gun range shooting near the covered rifle range in an area we call the “gravel pit”. They were practicing shooting prone, and on the move at targets of undetermined distance with AR-15’s. Well I think one poor girl was a little too green of a recruit when it came to firearms…

The way the range is setup, the rifle range is right next to the gravel pit, maybe 50 yards away (it faces a different direction of course). Any way, my dad was heading up on a trip to B.C. Canada in two days, and asked me if I would switch scopes and mounts for him and get his gun sighted in; he also has a Browning BAR 7mm Mag. I don’t know if you folks have ever heard a BAR fire, but with that gas operated system on that big ‘ole 7mm she is ungodly loud.

Any way to make a long story short this girl was firing away on an AR-15 and really getting into it, and I go and shoot that 7mm right behind her. She squealed, literally squealed when that first shot went off. I heard her ask the person in charge if they would ask me to leave at that was “really distracting”. He walked over to me across the range, and quietly said “I assume you heard what she asked?” I smiled and said I had. He said quietly “Well, the next time she fires, if you wouldn’t mind, could you dump about three rounds into the 200 yard back stop about as fast as you can?” I thought this would be a fine idea. I did as he asked, and when she got done shooting I heard the man in charge yell, “Come on…if you can’t shoot with a little distraction, your going to have big problems.” I just chuckled, and packed up my gear and went home.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
From one training officer to another "training officer"...well done...gave her something to think about!!! You don't tell the perps "Y'all be quiet now, it's my turn!!!":D

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Best shot, 100 yards 38sp reload mine of course hit a bowling pin dead center. Weapon S&W 686 6 inch barrel, I was wearing glasses at that time as I do today, was fired single action.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
A few years ago our hot-shot major came in from the rifle range, soaking wet. She looked like a drowned rat to be honest. Anyway, she walked in my office and said, "Well, I hope you're happy. You'll probably tell everyone how you scheduled me to shoot in a rainstorm."

I leaned back and said, "Yes ma'am, when I scheduled you two months ago for this, I knew it would rain."

She's a little different.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
well I would fix her again just to show her I could and I had it like that with the Man up stairs lol.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Maybe a blizzard in Memphis would be nice:D..she's lite colonel now.
Actually, I like her, she's smart but she sometimes does things that are mysteries to all of us...(I think it's a female thing, you know, keep us guessing)..

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
It's not a range story, but back then I didn't go to the range unless I had to qualify. All of our shooting was done in the great outdoors.
About twenty years ago four of us buds were out at one of our favorite spots, walking in the Otay Mountains when one of the guys asked "what's that green thing over there?" The area is desert and has very sparse vegetation. Mostly dirt, sand and rocks. About 150 yds away on the side of a hill across the canyon was a touch of bright green. I had the single shot 357 max rifle. I turned and fired a shap shot and the green thing flew up in the air showing it was a frisbee. I smugly declined to do it again. :D[8D]:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was at an outdoor range over the weekend, and was shooting my .45 KP90. I went through a 7rd magazine before I even had a bullet hit the target, then I remembered...This isn't the way I shoot! So I change my grip and my stance, then I proceed to put another 7 rounds, right through one hole. Each time I fired, you'd see another jagged edge on the hole [:p]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts