Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have, new in box, never fired except for factory laser sight in, a pair of consecutive numbered guns. bought around first year of production, 1986 ???
my question is...is it worth keeping them together unfired or just shoot 'em? i'm itching to shoot one honestly. believe it or not, i've admired rugers for a long time, collected single action and double action revolvers, but....never have fired a ruger .22 semi auto pistol. thoughts.....

·
Registered
947 Posts
I think you are missing out on shooting a great pistol. I bought mine new in 1987 and to this day it's my favorite Ruger, hands down. If they were a very limited run pistol, I would say keep a consecutive pair together, but they were regular production for several years. I would probably keep and shoot one of them and sell the other as an unfired "new in the box" pistol. It would bring a pretty penny as the Mark II's are pretty desirable.:D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my thoughts, too. i was a pretty serious collector of the single actions when i bought them. i remember the word was they were going to only make a very limited number and stop, but they kept pounding them out. so much for speculation, lol.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I was going to say the same thing, but CmdrCody beat me to it. Seems like people do that a lot. There is a subforum for Ruger pistols, and a pistol forum for all other brands as well.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Having them consecutive might seem special, but it's not really enough on its own to make them collectible, and the Mark II Government's aren't collectible other than to just have that model in a comprehensive collection.

So... Nothing really special about them other than being old an unfired, maybe bring $50 more than a fired model because of it...

Personally, I'd shoot them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts