Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a "hankerin'" for an AR-10 with an A3 receiver... Show us your AR-15 and AR-10's... Colts and clones... Go ahead, push me over the edge...:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
My three AR's. The closes one with the bipod is my first build. It's a CMMG 18" barrel with a DNTC comp/rifle length gas system, on a CMT flattop with a LMT BCG. The lower is a P.O.F. with a Timney trigger. The one behind it is my Bushmaster 16" with the MI free float MCTAR-20X rail along with a Timney trigger and I put the A2 stock on it. The one on it's side is a R.R.A. lower with a NM trigger and the Bushmaster 20" .22lr upper.

BRD is alive and well....if Ruger made an AR I'd buy one or two or......many.......Also, all the AR's use Magpul MIAD full grips and the Scopes are Leatherwood on the 18", Weaver on the Bushmaster 16" and a 4x21 on the 20" .22lr.

One day I want to add the Trijicon ACOG but not sure which one for now.

Robert

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Well, you have probably seen my picture but here it is again.

Honestly, the most fun gun I have ever owned in my life. And I have owned a bunch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Never thought I'd like the AR as I never cared for the 5.56/.223 round and I have always liked .30 caliber rounds better as in my old Garand etc...

But since I've started reloading 5.56/.223 and playing around with building my own, I'm hooked. There are so many options. I'm going to put the JP-VTAC free float handguard on my 18" build soon and pull the 20" 22lr. barrel off the A2 receiver and put it on a flat top receiver and use the A2 for another build, probably a dissipator style 16" barrel version. Later I'm leaning towards a complete MGI Hydra setup with different barrels, bolts and magwells to have one AR for different calibers.

I hear that Remington is working on a AR style rifle and if ever Ruger does, I'll buy it too. You can never have too many firearms. With AR's, stick with quality parts and you can't go wrong. I prefer barrels made with 4150 steel and only a few make them like Colt, Bushmaster, CMMG, LMT, and a few others. Most others use 4140 steel which is still good but not what I prefer if I can help it. It's the same with other parts like the Bolt and Carrier groups, get quality parts and that helps avoid any problems down the road. Buy cheap parts and you get what you pay for.

Robert

·
Registered
80 Posts
i can only get the car style living in Ca...most places want over 1200.00 for bone stock no detachable mag no automatic or burst its bull so its pointless ill keep with my soon tobe assault rife marlin 60 :) in the big bad .22 lr

1 - 12 of 12 Posts