Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im interested in putting stags on my Blackhawk. Who do you guys recommend to make them? Also if anyone has photos of there Stag grips I would lobe to see them and let me know who made them.

·
Registered
995 Posts
O.K. You asked for it!

Elk stag from Eagle Grips on my .45 Colt "Super Blackhawk", actually and ex-Bisley:

Elk stag on my .44 Special Flat Top Blackhawk. Unknown maker, I bought a Vaquero that had these grips on it, then took them off and sold the Vaquero:

Elk stag on Colt New Frontier from Sack Peterson:

Elk stag on Colt New Frontier, these by Patrick Grashorn:

Trying to save up for another pair for a Ruger Blackhawk.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beautiful guys! Now im not sure what grip maker to go with, seems the two Im looking at both do hreat work.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Go with Patrick:

Matching ROA with moose.

OM 41 Mag in big horn sheep (By Grashorn)

I have identical grips on my 30 Carbine OM and a set for a custom 38-40 I'm having made. Unfortunately. Patrick's supply of sheep horn is limited, so sometimes you will have to wait.

My wife's Vaqueros in matching elk:

Officer's acp (Requested max bark):

Lipsey's 44 spl==(requested 1/2 to 3/4 bark)

Matching Pythons with 1/2 bark

When you order, send Patrick a picture of what you want or describe how much bark==he won't ship \until you approve a picture of your grips.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, All very nice. The all smooth ones have a look all there own and there beautiful. I like the set of Wifes Vaqueros, the one on left has the perfect amount of bark and I like how it covers most of the grip. So far Im thinking I may use that pboto when I place my order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, they do have a slight bevel to them. I had originally planned on having them left flat but Patrick suggested beveling them. I am really glad he did. They turned out exactly how I wanted them to.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man Im still looking at everyone's photos, and they are all really nice. Even the ones that have very little bark have such a unique look that they look great. Its really hard to figure out what you like because they all look good. I can see that Im not going to be happy with just one set because there are so many variations that how can you just own one set? Now I need more. SA guns, I should have never started looking at stags, this is going to get expensive!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, they do have a slight bevel to them. I had originally planned on having them left flat but Patrick suggested beveling them. I am really glad he did. They turned out exactly how I wanted them to.
I really like that look and Im definitely going beveled. I am also now leaning towards not getting the Ruger logo in the grip. I don't want him to have to make a smooth spot to install it.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts