Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems like Cold Steel has upped their game lately. I'm really liking the mid-size, and larger folders. A number of models have piqued my interest: 4 Max, Swift, and SR1. The Demko 'tri-ad' lock is amazing, and solid! Picked-up an AD-10 to add to the stable. Big, burly, G10-scaled, and tough! A real tank of a blade. If you haven't considered Cold Steel you might want to check-out the recent online reviews.

·
One Star
9,637 Posts
Very nice looking knife!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a few Tantos. A pair of Urban Pals.

The Urban Pal is deceptively sharp. They cut so cleanly that I could not feel it. I noticed I was bleeding before I felt the cut.

Lynn definitely has his stuff together.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've been EDC-ing the AD-10 for a few months now, and it's a great blade.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Over the decades, I've acquired three Cold steel SRK knives---the first is a "Carbon 5" original SRK in it's black fabric sheath---it remains new and unused---the next SRK is a stainless (blackened) made in Japan---meant to be a user, I started using other knives, so it remains new and unused---the next SRK is the newer VG1 laminated stainless I bought just because I liked it (!), it too has not been used---I'm sure all three would perform just fine, but I'v got other knives that I use on a regular basis, so they live in the safe... Oh, and somewhere, I've got an original "Carbon 5" folding knife from long ago production---unused as I EDC a Spyerco Delica 4... Should have bought an original stag-handled Master Hunter back then, but spent the $$$ on stag-handled Randells instead...

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
My Cold Steel Recon Tanto. I've had it about ten years. A bit big for EDC, I keep it on my web belt. Great feel, like holding a mini-sword.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I've had the Cold Steel 4 Max knife in the line-up. This is truly a folding 'warblade' by anybody's standard. Great for both talented amateurs, and dedicated professionals alike!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The Cold Steel 4 Max Scout, that I ordered, landed-today. This one rocks! Essentially, a knock-around version of their 4 Max in G10. Fit, finish, and function was perfect out-of-the-box. Not to mention razor-sharp from the factory!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
My only Cold Steel knife is a 7" fixed blade belt knife called the Long Hunter .
Perfect camp and general purpose kitchen / utility knife .
I don't go camping much any more but I do eat every day and use it often when cooking .
It has been discontinued but I picked one up for $9.95 a few years ago .
I don't have the ability to post photo's just yet , camera down ... sorry
Gary

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I picked-up another Cold Steel 4 Max Scout, an awesome folder for $100 bucks!

·
Super Moderator
4,059 Posts
I don't know much about knives but over 20 years ago I bought a made in the USA Cold Steel SRK Carbon V fixed blade. It sounds like the one described above but it has a web/plastic sheath. I'm not sure I ever used it because it still looks brand new. Honestly, I forgot I had it. Even though I have a handful of decent knives (mostly Benchmade) I'm not a knife geek by any stretch. Is my SRK now a desirable knife?

Reactions: eTripper

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know much about knives but over 20 years ago I bought a made in the USA Cold Steel SRK Carbon V fixed blade. It sounds like the one described above but it has a web/plastic sheath. I'm not sure I ever used it because it still looks brand new. Honestly, I forgot I had it. Even though I have a handful of decent knives (mostly Benchmade) I'm not a knife geek by any stretch. Is my SRK now a desirable knife?
I don't know if it has any collectible-value, but it is a highly desirable blade Bonk.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went with another Cold Steel folder this time out: the Voyager in large format. Cold Steel is known for making 'stupidly-big' folders, that rock! This one is considered a mid-size specimen, in AUS-10 alloy, with the Demko 'tri-ad' lock. Its a great trade-off in size, weight, and price-point.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Added a 7th Cold Steel to the line-up: Rajah 3. A great medium-sized blade in AUS-10A.

·
Registered
951 Posts
No pictures, but my most recent purchase was a Cold Steel Marauder bowie.
It lives in my 4runner.
I can take a pic tomorrow if anyone's interested.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts