Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lets see your customized Ruger lcrs

I'll be buying my lcr 357 very soon and am curious what types of customizations you guys have done.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Lets see your customized Luger lcrs. I'll be buying my lcr 357 very soon and am curious what types of customizations you guys have done.
Hmm... a Luger LCR? Now THAT would be one serious custom job! :D

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I have a Ruger LCR-357 and I'm not aware of any customization you can do, really. TALO issued distributor exclusive military themed ones with green, blue, and tan grip frames. You can get a smaller Hogue boot grip, or wood grips from Eagle Grips. Or Crimson Trace laser grips. That's about it.

Mine with the boot grip:

http://rugerforum.net/pictures/bearcatter-27s-photos/p787-lcr-357.html

Or the latest through TALO with the Laser Max. This isn't on TALO's or Ruger's site yet:

www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

EDIT: I did forget the optional sights available. Listed at the Ruger Store:

http://shopruger.com/Sights/products/581/

·
Banned
108 Posts
I have a Ruger LCR-357 and I'm not aware of any customization you can do, really. TALO issued distributor exclusive military themed ones with green, blue, and tan grip frames. You can get a smaller Hogue boot grip, or wood grips from Eagle Grips. Or Crimson Trace laser grips. That's about it.

Mine with the boot grip:

Or the latest through TALO with the Laser Max. This isn't on TALO's or Ruger's site yet:

www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

Sights-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
How do you feel about the LCR .357? I was considering the .38 for my wife but may give her my LC9 and get the LCR .357 instead...

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
How do you feel about the LCR .357? I was considering the .38 for my wife but may give her my LC9 and get the LCR .357 instead...
I am very happy with my LCR-357. I went with it over the .38 because of the stronger stainless steel cylinder frame. The extra weight (less than three ounces more) also moves the balance point forward, which probably helps reduce muzzle flip a little bit. I use .38s, but like having the option of .357s.

With the smaller boot grip, it conceals in my front jeans pocket pretty comfortably. Using .38s, I don't have any problem with control. But I think .357s would be a challenge using the boot grip.........:D

Does your wife like the LC9? I'd let her in on any decision and stay out of the doghouse.........

·
Registered
2,593 Posts

Mine with the boot grip:

Sights-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

I want that Laser Max

·
Registered
363 Posts
sorry, cant change perfect !!
Love my klcr, shoot mostly 38's out of her, and i bought the 357 model for the same reason as the rest, liked the extra weight for recoil dampening, and just because i could shoot the 357's if i chose too. I dont know much about the lc9, only what i read here on the forum, and honestly, i hear more bad than good.

·
Banned
586 Posts
Here are my old 38+Ps with stock and CT grips.

I added the Hogue slip on because the Laser Grip is a bit small for me.

I'm graduating to a KLCR .357 Magnum.

Like the idea of the Laser Max unit and being able to use the stock Hogue
Tamer grip.

You can also see the Novak mega-dot front sight, and High Noon Holsters.

I'd like to see Ruger offer a MILITARY model in .357 Magnum.

·
Registered
690 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Lets see your customized Luger lcrs
Imagine if they made a polymer version of the old WW1 german pistol with some CT grips?

They'd sell like hot cakes! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Slip on grip

Here are my old 38+Ps with stock and CT grips.

I added the Hogue slip on because the Laser Grip is a bit small for me.

I'm graduating to a KLCR .357 Magnum.

Like the idea of the Laser Max unit and being able to use the stock Hogue
Tamer grip.

You can also see the Novak mega-dot front sight, and High Noon Holsters.

I'd like to see Ruger offer a MILITARY model in .357 Magnum.
After searching a bit online, I don't see a Hogue slip on for the LCR. Could you enlighten me? I also have the CT grip and that looks like a great mod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts