Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 541 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Bountyhunter, I wish you lived closer, I'd like to shoot a cylinder or two out of that 6". I ordered that one originally but then had second thoughts and went with the 4" (which I absolutely love). One day I'd like to try the 6 though.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,691 Posts
Here's my GKGP-141 with Hogue Rubber.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,691 Posts
The Hogue rugger grips fit me well but I still score better on the range with the factory grips. The good news is the Hogues are under $20 so you're not out much if you don't like them. Yes, there is a big difference in "feel". I like the Hogues better for tactical practice but leave the Ruger factory grips on when I carry concealed.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok I did it. For $22 I had to try them out. They feel real good. I'll take it to the range this weekend and give them a workout. They don't look completely horrible, but not as nice as the stock grips. If I like the way they handle at the range they're staying on. If not, They'll be in the classified section real quick. :D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Boy, Bountyhunter, you don't mess around!

You actually sound like me: "Hey that's neat, what is that? Where can I get one? I'm going to get one. Hey I got one, check it out!"

They look extremely comfortable. But I find the original ones very comfortable and easy to shoot with. Some custom made inserts from 41 magnum and I don't think I'll ever change 'em.

Anxious to see a range report though!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Boy, Bountyhunter, you don't mess around!

You actually sound like me: "Hey that's neat, what is that? Where can I get one? I'm going to get one. Hey I got one, check it out!"

They look extremely comfortable. But I find the original ones very comfortable and easy to shoot with. Some custom made inserts from 41 magnum and I don't think I'll ever change 'em.

Anxious to see a range report though!
I always say the best way to do something is to get off your @ss and do it. :D

I do like the originals very much. If I don't like these I'm going to contact 41 Magnum. :)

1 - 20 of 541 Posts