Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,471 Posts
Unlike the SP-101 thread, I can play this game. This Security-Six is a totally stock 4". Shoots like a dream and conceals almost as well as an SP.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I think this is going to be my favorite one of these threads. Iowegan, Deputy, great looking guns! Deputy, that is really sharp. The pic almost makes it look grey, what's up with the finish on that? Looks neat.

What a classic shape these revolvers are.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
My on-duty carry gun from 1980 to 1985. Still have it and the holster/duty belt, but it fits a little snug now.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Oh I think this is going to be my favorite one of these threads. Iowegan, Deputy, great looking guns! Deputy, that is really sharp. The pic almost makes it look grey, what's up with the finish on that? Looks neat.

What a classic shape these revolvers are.
Its just a std SS six. I was just in a hurry to photo it so i stuck a 16ga shell in the trigger guard and put in on the kitchen counter and snapped a pic. Probably one of the best pics i ever took but it was a total accident and probably could not do it again. I'm one of those that don't know what all those extra dials are on the camera and just leave it on that generic setting.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
first Security-Six snubby I've seen...wonder who it was made for?....besides made for you, I mean......:)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have three in that line. The top one is a early 1974 Security-Six with adjustable sights.
The middle one is a late 1973 Security-Six without Ajustable sights. The bottom one is a 1982 SS Speed-Six no adjustable sites.

·
Registered
373 Posts
hey i can play this one too.... :)

one of my faves, i enjoy shooting this one and so does my wife. She actually thinks it's hers.....

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I changed mind around a little since I took that group picture. Here's my 82 SS with the 23/4" barrel. Spurless hammer and Tyler T Grips.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts