Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am near to pulling the trigger on one of these new pieces. This will be my first SA revolver. I've considered the FA model 83 PG for nearly a decade but just could never justify the $2800 price tag. Now that Ruger has put out a SBH in my favorite handgun caliber at a reasonable price, the decision was made for me. Like all my other firearms (excluding my semi autos) I need to top this firearm with some form of optic. In trying to keep the gun as light, nimble and compact as possible, I've decided it needs to wear a small, lightweight reflex sight, i.e. Leupold Deltapoint Pro.

My question is, is anyone aware of a mounting solution that will work with this combination? In doing some research, I have found only two options:

-Weigand Combat mount (not an option for me) Ruger Redhawk Scope Mounts No Drill WEIG-A-TINNY®

-Custom smithing, such as:
Red Dot Mounts: Trijicon RMR, DeltaPoint, FastFire, Vortex

Leupold does offer a mounting kit for the Deltapoint but I can't confirm or deny if it will work with the SBH Casull.

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? I appreciate any input.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Weaver makes a No-Drill mount (301) for the Super Blackhawks that you can use to mount whatever you want on top.

Jpoint makes a mount that replaces the rear sight for micro red dot sights like the Delta Point. The OLD Delta Points used the same footprint as the JPoint, but I have heard that the Pro uses a different footprint from the old model, so you may need an adapter plate - talk to JP Rifles when you call to order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful! That's perfect. I thank you. Very nice looking rigs you have there by the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts