Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting in the deer stand this morning practicing sighting on a small deer. I was facing the sun and got a lot of glare and remember Leupold sells sunshades. For 40mm scopes, the offer one for pre-2004 and post 2004. Anyone know how to tell the difference? I have a VariX 3 in 3.5-10. Also, should I get the 2" or 4"?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I bought two current production (or so I thought) Leupold handgun scopes, one a fixed 4X and the other, their top of the line 2.5-8X variable. Both scopes had internal eyepiece and objective threading and I wanted their Alumina flip up lens covers, but I had no clue as to which one to get. A 32mm objective will not necessarily take a 32mm Alumina lens cover. I don't know why the difference, but it's there? So I wrote down the exact model number and description of each scope and sent it to Leupold via email, asking them not size, but catalog number for each of the four different sizes for the two scopes.

Within a day I had a response from Leupold stating exactly what I needed for each scope and they spelled it all out. Model 17415 will fit the eyepiece of the variable.... etc. I'd take a look at their site to see which type of lens shade you're looking for and then email them as I did. They'll get right back to you with their specific model numbers and you'll be set to order them through Leupold or any other source. I got mine through ebay, brand new in factory packaging and for about half price of what Leupold wanted. Smithy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts