Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother gave me a Leupold Vari-X compact Scope. Last night I went to put it on my Ruger M-77 UltraLight. Anyway, I was trying to boresight it and I could not get the cross hairs to move UP enough to get it sighted in. The other thing I've noticed is that when you adjust it, it does not click. This is an older scope I'm sure.

Anyone have experience with these?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I have a VX-1 3-9x40 that does not click. I swear, I was never more disappointed in a scope than in this Leupold. I have heard so many great things about them for so many years. I honestly do not think it is as good a scope as many a cheap Tasco I have. Anyway, I bought it and put it on my AR. I could not get the black around the edges of the scope to go away unless I held my head just right. I mean, the scope is clear enough if you get your eye just right, but otherwise it sucks. And it is hard as heck to adjust because you can't hear the clicks, or feel them either. I bought a Tasco target scope for my AR and gave my wife the Leupold to put on her .308 77 MK2. I guess if you bought one of their high-end scopes that they would be better. But, I gave $230 for this scope, if I remember correctly. That is the most money I have ever spent on a scope in my life. I expected it to be a top performer. And heck, it may last the rest of my life, but to me, it just is not as clear a scope or as my Tascos.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts