I like a couple of levers in the stable, also.....:D

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Love them..... ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'll never get used to the look of a scope mounted on a lever gun. But they are useful rifles aren't they? And if a scope enhances that, I'll just need to get over it. Beautiful bunch of levers there OP. Take care of them and enjoy them. I've got an old Marlin .35rem that's near and dear. Maybe it's time to dust it off.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Great looking levers.
Here is my Henry .357mag carbine.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish there was a "Like" button at the bottom of peoples posts and reply's. Really nice, Whaler1.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll never get used to the look of a scope mounted on a lever gun. But they are useful rifles aren't they? And if a scope enhances that, I'll just need to get over it. Beautiful bunch of levers there OP. Take care of them and enjoy them. I've got an old Marlin .35rem that's near and dear. Maybe it's time to dust it off.
You know, Sam, you're right, but they sure print. I have (since the pic was taken), put a 3x9 Bushnell on the little 94. Terribly ugly but right on target. I plan on replacing everything with Skinner peep sights one of these days. But for right now, the little 94 is my "Go To" gun, very handy on the farm. We have a history.
Note the second M99 Savage, in 250 Sav., has peep sights and is a tack driver.

I had that Bushnell on the 45-70, but with a certain load, got punched in the eyebrow, that's why it now sports the little tactical Tru_glo.

·
Banned
576 Posts
Nice examples sparkplug. I will add this old guy to the mix.

Winchester 1895 30-06 Mfg. 1915. Yes it shoots, using the Hornady Lite rounds. I have refurbed but when I got it at a yard sale, all collector value had already been destroyed. It's a NRA musket that had been sporterized..OMG !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts