Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Ruger .44 Carbine, Security-Six, Service-Six, Mini-14, .30 Carbine Blackhawk
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like powders are coming in fairly regularly, faster than it sells. Bullets and cases as well.
prices are still elevated, not seeing much movement there.
Primers continue to be the weak point here.
Building Furniture Shelf Product Shelving

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Same in KY. Powder is available, although like everything it has went up in price. Only ones getting primers fairly regular is KY Gun Company, and when they have them they are around the $100 a thousand mark, more or less. I have enough ammo to last the rest of my life, and I got into reloading 40 years ago to save money, so I will rot in Hades before I give a hundred bucks for a brick of primers. Last primers I bought was $40 bucks a thousand, and I thought that was ridiculous! First brick I ever bought was less than $10 bucks at Allied Sporting Goods. Of course, that was a lot of money when minimum wage was $3.35.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same in KY. Powder is available, although like everything it has went up in price. Only ones getting primers fairly regular is KY Gun Company, and when they have them they are around the $100 a thousand mark, more or less. I have enough ammo to last the rest of my life, and I got into reloading 40 years ago to save money, so I will rot in Hades before I give a hundred bucks for a brick of primers. Last primers I bought was $40 bucks a thousand, and I thought that was ridiculous! First brick I ever bought was less than $10 bucks at Allied Sporting Goods. Of course, that was a lot of money when minimum wage was $3.35.
Primer prices are running about the same here (~$100/K)
Online is about the same once you add hazmat.
I have not bought any at these prices, still using from my stash.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m not saying I won’t buy at these prices but I’m going to hold out as long as I can.
Unfortunately, we may not have a choice eventually.
This may be the new normal.

Reactions: DQL5150 and Pull-1

·
Registered
377 Posts
Good to see. Could always use a jug of Red Dot or Clay Dot. My local gun&pawn has some reloading gear, a new looking Dillon 550B for $1200.00 I think, powders, bullets and brass. Asked about primers and they only had small pistol for 115.00/brick. Taint cheap but is slowly becoming available.

·
Grand Inquisitor
2,693 Posts
With the unavailable powder supplies at our lgs's some of us think those shelves of powder are a great site. Even at $50 a pound .
$42-45 per pound seems to be the going rate around here, or about $12 above what I paid in 2017-18. When I need more powder, that is still not a bad price / round, in particular for loads that only need a few grains to work well.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Last time I bought SPP they were $28 a brick. Now if you can find them they are $100 a brick. I hope this is not the new normal. I keep telling myself that next year it will drop back down. Wishful thinking i'm sure.
I'm waiting as well, and also hoping this is not the new normal.
I don't expect to see $30 per K again, but still.... :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts