Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my "new to me" Liberty Security Six. It's a little dirty after digesting a couple hundred loads but shot well from standing unsupported
at 25 yards.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Very nice.
Guys i need some "six" education. What year/serial #pre-fix did ruger change the grip frame? Was is 75 or 74? And was it to all of the "six" series---security and police? i've heard that some aftermarket grips will not interchange with certain year models of the "six" series. Just want to educate myself should i come across one.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Ravenwolf, very nice Security Six and all the better that's it a Liberty model. Good shootin' too.
deputy125- it was at the end of the 150- prefix serial #s, don't have the year with me here at work. If it is 151 prefix or higher they are the newer grip style.

Added: 150- prefix manufactured 1972-1974.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
jimbo1096.
appreciate the info.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Love those Security Sixes!

·
Registered
704 Posts
quote:Originally posted by EddieF

What does the 'Liberty' model mean??
Came out in "1976" for the nations Bi-centennial, and was so marked from the factory... I bought my 6" stainless two years later cause I didn't care for the inscription. :( What a maroon...

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Eddie, the Liberty guns are so called as Ruger stamped " MADE IN THE 200th YEAR OF AMERICAN LIBERTY" somewhere on the barrels for the 1976 models. This one is from my 10/22. Not all models had them and not all the guns made. The stamping was most prevalent on the handguns. Makes for a desired variant by some collectors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts