Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Love mine, everything I wanted in a 1911.
Mine did not come with the rug. It also does not have the scallop cut at the ejection port.
Does anyone know why they removed the scallop cut from the slide at the ejection port on later production?

·
Registered
258 Posts
My SR1911s are both are great shooting and running handguns. I've had the full size .45 for a little over a year and I've had it to the range several times and I can't remember a single failure of any kind. My Officer's Model 9mm is new and has about 300 rds through it and I recall a single stove pipe in the first two or three mags right out of the box.

Both have shown excellent accuracy, off-hand and from a rest ... no issues there.

I have a Colt, a SIG and two Kimbers ... the Rugers can hold their own with any of them.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
My SR1911 had a couple problems at the start but a trip back to Ruger and it has run great. I do carry my 1911 from time to time. I don't worry about lesser capacity; I have read most shootings are over in one to three shots fired. The 1911 with 230gr ball ammo has been a fight stopper for well over a hundred years.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like my SR1911. But mine has never been particularly reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am with the other guy, mine has been reliable as hell, and accurate as can be.

I know there is always one or two out there though that someone gets a bad one, sorry you got one of those. I only had problems with Selliers & Bellot Ammunition & PMC Bronze, it jammed at least once a box. with Federal, Monarch, Blazer, Winchester, SIG and a few others, no problems.

Not sure what your issues were, but i do know that Ruger will fix things. My front sight took flight while shooting. i called and told them, they said they would replace it free, just send it in and 2 week turn around. I asked if they would just send me a knew one. they got my serial number from me, looked up the sight it came with, shipped it to me for free, I got it 5 days later. Ruger is really good about making it right.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm not sure I agree at all with the linked article's characterization of the SR1911 as an 'old school' 1911.

In my view, it has just about all the modern improvements one might ask for. It's a massive improvement over many 'old school' 1911s.

Improved Novak sights, aluminum skeletonized trigger with overtravel adjustment, skeletonized hammer, titanium firing pin, extended beavertail, oversized controls including safety, slidestop and magazine release, plunger tube is not staked but integral to the slide, improved slide serrations... and I probably forgot something!

IMO the SR1911 is a fully upgraded 1911 with everything you need and nothing you don't. I think the only thing it doesn't have is ambidextrous controls and frankly that's a preference thing. I prefer the cleaner look of correct-handed controls only on a 1911.

All said and done, the SR1911 manages to modernize the platform while remaining remarkably true to the design. Much more than say something like the S&W 1911 PC

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Font

·
Registered
888 Posts
My SR1911's have worked flawless since new, the Commander, full size and 10mm. Have many Colt's and except for the unfired NIB Gold Cup Trophy they all shoot equally well. My only complaint is the safety pin takedown of the 10mm, just put a standard bushing in them! My 10mm Colt Delta has a bushing, even my two Colt Government .380's and Colt Officer's model has a bushing.

·
Registered
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a Ruger PC97dc that is accurate and absolutely reliable. Tell me why a 1911 is superior.
Never heard of a Ruger PC97dc, so I can't tell you. However, if you are talking about a P97dc, then I would agree all most. My P90 in 45 acp makes me look better than I am, my SR1911 is a very very close second behind the P90 ... YMMV ...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have a Ruger PC97dc that is accurate and absolutely reliable. Tell me why a 1911 is superior.
Because no one will walk up to compliment your PC97dc when you're at the range...:cool:

In all seriousness, though, for me, a 1911 makes a great range toy, and I just enjoy building proficiency with an iconic platform. Sometimes, pure practicality isn't a priority--pure pleasure is all I want out of a gun at the range.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My one grumble with them: BLUED controls on a 'stainless' gun. The only thing that should be blued is the sights! In fairness, Ruger is not the only one to do this. However, the R1 stainless has no blued control levers, and neither does an all-s/s Springfield.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
My one grumble with them: BLUED controls on a 'stainless' gun. The only thing that should be blued is the sights! In fairness, Ruger is not the only one to do this. However, the R1 stainless has no blued control levers, and neither does an all-s/s Springfield.
Nothing looks cooler than the two-tone look. I love a blued hammer and control levers on a stainless gun.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nothing looks cooler than the two-tone look. I love a blued hammer and control levers on a stainless gun.
Obviously from the pics of my SR1911 .45 and Officer's Model (^^^^up there) I like the two-tone look too. Both guns came with all the blue/black hardware and I changed both stock grips out for black VZ G10. I think they look badazz. They've been getting lots of "ooos and ahs" when laid out together at the range. I have a solid blue Kimber and all stainless Kimber and Colt 1911s ... I like the way they all look ... I like 1911s.. :love:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts