Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Marlin 25M out last Saturday for some fun shooting. I enjoyed testing some loads on paper at 100yds as well as busting water bottles at 100 and 125yds. I also had my little 3" plate at 125yds just to hear the little ping. The rifle came with a 7rd mag from the factory. Somewhere along the line I picked up a matte nickle finished 7 rounder also. Those mags work great, but they don't look good and spoil the lines of the rifle. I recently bought a factory 4rd mag that I really like. While not flush, it sits even with the magazine latch and improves the ergonomics of the rig. I plan to use it when hunting, keeping a 7rd mag in a pocket for extra ammo if needed. The 7rd mags are perfect for playing at the bench. I really enjoyed my time shooting this little .22WMR rifle.

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
Great looking gun.
The wood in those pictures is very nice for a 22. They dont make them like they used to.
The new 22's have fake looking wood finishes and really turns me off. I prefer traditional wood /blued/or stainlesss.
I only have a Model 9 Camp carbine left in my collection.
Long live the old Marlins!

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I liked that it was laminated wood. It is solid and stable, and actually looks pretty good. All I've ever done to it is the "Marlin Trigger Trick" swapping a lighter return spring into the T900 trigger. It is very accurate but I am still looking for something it likes as well as Remington's old 40gr PSP load. That load would group five into an inch at 100yds with an inexpensive scope. I've upgraded to a better 4-12x40mm AO but the half dozen brands of ammo I've tried since my supply of the Remington loads ran out have not performed as well.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts