Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these on a Number 1? I did a search but couldn't find anything.

I have a .280 1B that I just can't get to shoot consistently. I have workrd on the forend and tried different spacers on the screw without much success.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with these on a Number 1? I did a search but couldn't find anything.

I have a .280 1B that I just can't get to shoot consistently. I have workrd on the forend and tried different spacers on the screw without much success.
Obviously you checked your scope mounts? Everything is tight, right?
What ammo are you using? Factory ammo or reloads?

The limbsaver is not going to help your accuracy.;) It is designed to de-resonate vibration quicker, than without.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, scope is fine...even tried two different scopes. Now, it seems that barrel vibration would affect accuracy...and isn't that the point behind the Limbsaver product?

We have shot factory and reloads with several bullet weights.

I know in real world hunting 2-2.5" will kill everything in normal range but...

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think I'd be looking at floating the barrel.

There are three points where the forend can be bedded to the hanger, the point where the ejector spring/attachment attaches and one point on the other side of the forend.

Once that is done, the forend can be floated.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Dearu Ol'Coot

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've got two #1s; one in 45-70 and another in 30'06 and the de-resonator has made all of the difference in the world. You have to tweak the placement on the barrel as the sweet spot varies from rifle to rifle but when you finally get everything set the MOA should drop to at least 1-1/2 at a sight in distance of 100 yards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts