Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased a limbsaver 30-06 precision fit, or slip on recoil pad?

I was thinking a medium recoil pad would fit, but would cover up the sling mount. am I right?

there are just two phillips screws holding in the recoil pad,

the only reason I'm considering replacing is that I have a harris tripod stand, and the weight of the scope, and the surfaces the gun are on, have distorted the stock recoil pad, its made of some very soft rubber,

anyone done this, and have part numbers?

just sent a email to limbsaver, there chart doesnt include the american rifle, or the specs for the precision fit recoil pad.

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone was wondering limb saver doesn't make a direct fit recoil pad, yet, for the Ruger American rifle, and could only offer a slip on, which I would think would cover up the sling mount

·
Registered
78 Posts
My Ruger American .30-06 has very reasonable recoil. To me the stock recoil pad is quite adequate. I had a 20ga SS savage that had more recoil. Just my $0.02 worth.

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont mind the recoil pad, I dont mind the recoil from the gun. But the stock recoil pad is kinda getting deformed from me keeping it on the bipod.

I emailed Limbsaver and asked if they are every going to offer a stock replacement that fits like the stock one does.

its been a few weeks and I finally got a email that said they were in the process of making one. I guess there is a demand for one for a RAR.

they make them for everything, just not a RAR, yet.......

·
Registered
98 Posts
I called a while back asking which of their slip-on ones fit my RAR .308... They told me to go buy one and try it. They had no clue, nor inclination to even try to help me purchase one of their products... Horrible customer service.

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slip on

I called a while back asking which of their slip-on ones fit my RAR .308... They told me to go buy one and try it. They had no clue, nor inclination to even try to help me purchase one of their products... Horrible customer service.
The only time I would consider a slip on would be for a M4 stock for a AR-15 since it doesn't come with one. But I wouldn't add a slip on to a stock that already has a recoil pad. Their directions say not to. Walmart sells them, but I want one of their direct replacements, they don't offer any, and I will continue to email them. Not many aftermarket items for the RAR yet.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts