Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to admit, the first time I saw this term (here, BTW) I was thinking something entirely different, and thought, "That is something I would not admit to!" :eek:

But that was also an AHA! moment for me. I had grown up with Dad's Single Six, had bought a Security Six, and was proficient with both.

But I'd have problems with some of my semi-autos. Then I read about "limp-wristing" the gun. And realized that was most likely my problem. I tend to hold handguns solid, but allow the wrist to move under recoil.

Proud to say, I'm no longer limp-wristed! ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
GONRA's NOT sure if this applies,
but it could just MAYBE help to do wrist strengthening exercises.
Sit in an arm chair, put 5 lb. (or more) "barbells" in each hand
and do 30 - 40 -??? up & down's with hand up, then down, then sideways.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Have to admit, the first time I saw this term (here, BTW) I was thinking something entirely different, and thought, "That is something I would not admit to!" :eek:

But that was also an AHA! moment for me. I had grown up with Dad's Single Six, had bought a Security Six, and was proficient with both.

But I'd have problems with some of my semi-autos. Then I read about "limp-wristing" the gun. And realized that was most likely my problem. I tend to hold handguns solid, but allow the wrist to move under recoil.

Proud to say, I'm no longer limp-wristed! ;)
O'Bummer was and still is...limp wristed.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The strength has always been there, just not the proper technique with semi-autos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts